No negotiations until 22nd!?

Screenshot_20230517-073415-647.png

I have to ask so I am not wrong.....What is your intent here? It's like you are counting down to something you say you don't want, but your actions suggest differently.
I'm just showing how little time is left. Especially since they are negotiating this week. That makes 0 sense.
If unfortunately it comes to do a strike these guys don't have much time to prepare.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I'm just showing how little time is left. Especially since they are negotiating this week. That makes 0 sense.
If unfortunately it comes to do a strike these guys don't have much time to prepare.
You're depressing me with this and the Market info every day too!
I can tell you, no one in the Airline wants the Ground folks to walk. Flight, MX, Support...
MOST will honor a picket line, but not all. It's not about running a splinter operation, I'm just relaying what I have heard. The IPA, Local 2727, Parts of Local 89 are quite happy. I don't ask them, but in conversation they bring up their thoughts about your Contract.
Everything is a matter of compromise.

Oh, and FJB

You're depressing me with this and the Market info every day too!
I can tell you, no one in the Airline wants the Ground folks to walk. Flight, MX, Support...
MOST will honor a picket line, but not all. It's not about running a splinter operation, I'm just relaying what I have heard. The IPA, Local 2727, Parts of Local 89 are quite happy. I don't ask them, but in conversation they bring up their thoughts about your Contract.
Everything is a matter of compromise.

Oh, and FJB
I'm sing a big difference in this contract compared to the previous contracts.
There is always a handful of haters have been here a long time and hope for a strike.

What I'm seeing this time there is a younger generation that is really ticked off at the company.

I know all my supervisors are worried about a strike also.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm sing a big difference in this contract compared to the previous contracts.
There is always a handful of haters have been here a long time and hope for a strike.

What I'm seeing this time there is a younger generation that is really ticked off at the company.

I know all my supervisors are worried about a strike also.
Good good on your last sentence…

Good good on your last sentence…
I'm serious about that

They asked me what time we think we're going on strike, like I have some kind of inside knowledge

Have another supervisor that works in another center who really hates this place.
He said after I took away my pension and they think I'm going to deliver packages if you go on strike they can kiss my ass

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Have another supervisor that works in another center who really hates this place.
He said after I took away my pension and they think I'm going to deliver packages if you go on strike they can kiss my ass

When the management people start getting told to get a DOT medical card, so they can drive....

:biggrin:

At best, they would only "try" and run the existing pkgs in the system. Just like "97".

Pullman Brown

Not like back in the day.
Management wanted us to get a good contract because they knew whatever we got they was going to get.
That's not true anymore

Nothing of any consequence has even been negotiated yet. I think the company is nervous and senses a different vibe. My update prediction is they get a handshake agreement within the last few days but the membership votes it down because the RPCD wages is not enough.

Everybody thinks, based on headlines, it’s all about increasing part-time wages, probably to show amazon workers what the Teamsters can do for them. Problem is most of them don’t vote. RPCDS in my building are not happy about this but it’s all speculation with probably some truth to it.