November Snapshot - More Bad News for Team Pelosi

tieguy

Banned
Well, here is what Wall Street had to say, but I suppose you are much smarter then them. So, Tie, sell, sell !!!! hurry !!!

Friday:
Thanks to better-than-expected data, the mood among market participants has improved drastically since August. In turn, September has started three straight gains for a cumulative climb of more than 5%.
Jobs figures for August inspired buyers on Friday. The consensus among economists polled by Briefing.com called for nonfarm payrolls to drop by 120,000 in August, but nonfarm payrolls fell just 54,000 instead. What’s more, private payrolls increased 67,000, which is much stronger than the increase of 44,000 that had been widely expected. Despite the stronger-than-expected statistics, the headline unemployment rate remained steady at 9.6%, as expected.
Encouraging jobs numbers complemented better-than-expected data from earlier in the week, namely upbeat readings on consumer confidence and a strong ISM Manufacturing Index. However, the ISM Service Index for August disappointed this morning. It slipped to 51.5, which is below the 53.0 that had been widely expected.
Though the ISM Service Index invited some profit taking that caused stocks to pare their gains, buyers stepped back in to boost stocks in afternoon trade and help them settle near session highs. Such a bid gave stocks their fourth straight gain, during which time the S&P 500 has advanced 5.3%.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/market-summary.aspx#LATEST#ixzz0ygdSFRZY

Its probably good you post someone else's words since you fumbled it so badly.

Did you have someone elses words to counter the point that the size of the workforce grew at a greater rate then the number of jobs created thus resulting in an increase in the unemployement rate?

klein

Für Meno :)
Its probably good you post someone else's words since you fumbled it so badly.

Did you have someone elses words to counter the point that the size of the workforce grew at a greater rate then the number of jobs created thus resulting in an increase in the unemployement rate?

Do I need to remind you, that when Bush left office, 700K + jobs were vanished every single month ????

klein

AND how many jobs were lost last month ??????????????????

130.000 government jobs were lost, mostly due to the Censors, and 67000 private jobs created.

Right on top of the republican agenda isn't it ?
Hey, 2 government jobs for 1 private one, keep that up, eh ?

klein

that means "in the hole".

Yup, just you won't see 130.000 censor jobs being gone every month. That was forseen and calculated with.

Btw : Good news for you , too, Moreluck.
Average houseprice went up by 3.6% nationwide, with California leading the way, in double digit figures (somewhere around 15% if not 20%) forgot the exact percentage.

diesel96

Hey the market has begun September with enthusiasm....I'd be willing to say that this enthusiasm is in large part of what is coming in November...Real CHANGE... Let's face it, a large part of the August swoon wasn't because of the economy, although it was nothing to write home about, but to an overall lack of confidence and the stranglehold that this administration has put on businesses. In other words there is a new HOPE of a big CHANGE in the House and Senate which looks to create a business environment that is actually conducive to companies hiring again! This is what the stock market is excited about....I agree with you an 11,000 or perhaps even a 12,000 DOW is possible....:surprised:

Small Businesses are waiting for Republicans to stop playing games with their livelyhood. They are the ones with the stranglehold. pure partisan politics. For example, the small business aide bill recently introduced doesn't add to the deficit. The only reason Republicans blocked a vote was because they demanded that they be able to offer amendments to the small-business package that have nothing to do with small businesses.... including measures related to border security and Bush tax cuts. They don't really expect the amendments to pass, but GOP leaders hoped that the votes would put Dems in an awkward spot.... and the process of considering them would take up more floor time, and make it impossible to consider other legislation this year.
The Democratic leadership balked as usual, so the vote on the bill was put off. And as a result, thousands of small businesses are ready to expand, but are instead just sitting there, waiting for our political system and the Republican Party to be less ridiculous. The GOP is doing this deliberately, worried that small-business expansion before the elections might help the economy and interfere with Republican election plans.
Often, when the political world considers the GOP's obstructionism on Capitol Hill, we're reminded of an dysfunctional policymaking process. But it's worth remembering from time to time that the nonsense carries with it real-world consequences.

Buddybrown

As a lifelong voting Democrat I prefer both parties one in the House and the other in the Whitehouse. It forces communiction and results. Having said that, if the GOP takes back both Houses we can kiss the Employee Free choice Act goodbye. Too bad I was hoping that bill would get passed on the hopes of strengthening the middle class.
I too watch the market and find it more psychological. Stiil waiting for UPS to hit 70

I agree with you on the checks and balances with having two different parties involved, just look where we are now! Obama has both the house and the Senate and was to be the President of change he emphasized that his administration would not be, politics as usual...He said he would reach out to the other side to work together and have an open administration...What happened? Being a Democrat voter yourself are you happy with the way Obama has performed so far? As far as Card check it is just another way to put the stranglehold on business...:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
Do I need to remind you, that when Bush left office, 700K + jobs were vanished every single month ????

Only if I need to remind you that when Obama left congress we were also losing those 700 K jobs. The democratic defense which you are parroting is that Obamas crappy results could have been worse.

Obama didnt promise us better then catastrophic results he promised he would fix the economy. 9.6 percent are waiting for him to deliver the goods.

tieguy

Banned
130.000 government jobs were lost, mostly due to the Censors, and 67000 private jobs created.

Right on top of the republican agenda isn't it ?
Hey, 2 government jobs for 1 private one, keep that up, eh ?

sounds like a negative number to me.

tieguy

Banned
Yup, just you won't see 130.000 censor jobs being gone every month. That was forseen and calculated with.

Btw : Good news for you , too, Moreluck.
Average houseprice went up by 3.6% nationwide, with California leading the way, in double digit figures (somewhere around 15% if not 20%) forgot the exact percentage.

that must be more of that dead cat bounce good news you like to provide us with. Did you happen to research the number of foreclosures last month when you were looking for good news in real estate?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100812/D9HHQE2O0.html

tieguy

Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/us/politics/04michelle.html?_r=1&hpw
First Lady Plans a Careful Return to the Campaign Trail

Mrs. Obama is the most popular member of her husband’s administration. Having worked to build good will through nonideological causes like fighting obesity and assisting military families, aides say, she is ready to spend some of her political capital to advance President Obama’s agenda — and her own.

I imagine she's feeling pretty refreshed after the many vacations taken this summer. Now ready to tell the poor and unemployed why the democrats have been so good to them.

Buddybrown

Small Businesses are waiting for Republicans to stop playing games with their livelyhood.
With all due respect as I'm new here and intend on earning my own respect.... Personally, in my opinion you've got it all backwards... This is simply a ploy by Obama to make the republicans look bad so he can hang on to a few more seats in November (talk about playin politics).. Furthermore, if this was such a brilliant idea why didn't it come along time ago?? Why has small business had to SUFFER because of the anti-business environment created by this Pro, Huge government administration? Obama's plan is targeting tax cuts in a way that directs how small businesses get any kind of help if they choose to conduct their businesses according to the government’s way of doing business. The republicans want cuts across the board instead of the restrictive play by my rules; I'm the government and know better way type of B.S. Why not just extend the Bush tax cuts? Probably because Obama will never admit that they worked and if he had to say BUSH tax cuts he’d go insane!! LOL

klein

If Bush tax cuts worked, well they are still in play.
Atleast until January.

You call that working ?

Anyways, it's clear the dems will lose the house come November.
Puts the US in stalemate for the next 2 years to follow.
Good luck with that !

And yes, Diesel is right.
Extra tax cuts and loans are approved for small businesses by the dems for sometime now, and the reps won't let it pass.
They simply don't want Obama to succeed, and yes, to the cost of all Americans.
So be it.

klein

that must be more of that dead cat bounce good news you like to provide us with. Did you happen to research the number of foreclosures last month when you were looking for good news in real estate?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100812/D9HHQE2O0.html

Did you happen to watch Wall Street last week ?
Again, if your smarter then Wall Street investors,, you'ld be in panic selling right now !

Btw, you know damn well, the fake housing boom was created under the Bush administration.
It was doomed, and just a matter of time until that bubble bursted !

Anyways, it's true the value of homes went up.
Who cares about forclosures ?
That was forseen.
Atleast it was a good job creation under Bush back then, right ?

On another note : France is going on a general strike tomorrow, because the government is raising retirement age from age 60 to age 62.
Due to the fact, by the year 2020, pensions will take out more then the pension plan intakes.
Like the current US situation.
What is the US doing about it ?
Wait till it's empty, I suppose.

Last edited: