Numbers Are Out

bacha29

Assuming couriers can’t comprehend the companies issues is your first problem. Thinking we’re unskilled idiots is your second problem. Forget the PUD aspect, just DRIVING on todays roads with all these phone zombies and not getting in accidents is more difficult than any conference call you might have to sit in on. Then assuming we want instant & immediate solutions when the pay progression has been a problem for 15-20 years is your third problem. You’re just super super smart dude. I got hired through a hiring session with 30 people competing for 1 handler position. The company has not maintained that desirability due to current employee treatment. NOBODY tells family or friends to apply here anymore. Retirees don’t even recommend it. And that has nothing to do with hourly employees and everything to do with how they’re treated. The need for an instant or immediate solution is the direct result of upper managment. Not COVID, not volume, not stimulus money, not unemployment benefits… UPPER MANAGMENT.
POW! Remember what Mike Tyson said,..."everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face". And thanks to you Dano just got his own punch in the face. And I can't think of a more deserving person. And some day he'll thank you realizing that it was for his own good.
Trouble is they load up this make believe managers and pseudo executives and send them off to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. We simply dreaded it when they came for our TM. When he got back he was so brainwashed on theory and analytics that we always had to do an intervention taking up the biggest part of a month to reconnect his head with reality.

yadig

I just like hearing couriers demand instant and immediate solutions for issues that are far more complex than they are capable of even comprehending.
I’ll keep it simple then, what is FedEx’s plan to get our freight on time? Why is it always late now? I guess that tier program ain’t paying off dividends

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Assuming couriers can’t comprehend the companies issues is your first problem. Thinking we’re unskilled idiots is your second problem. Forget the PUD aspect, just DRIVING on todays roads with all these phone zombies and not getting in accidents is more difficult than any conference call you might have to sit in on. Then assuming we want instant & immediate solutions when the pay progression has been a problem for 15-20 years is your third problem. You’re just super super smart dude. I got hired through a hiring session with 30 people competing for 1 handler position. The company has not maintained that desirability due to current employee treatment. NOBODY tells family or friends to apply here anymore. Retirees don’t even recommend it. And that has nothing to do with hourly employees and everything to do with how they’re treated. The need for an instant or immediate solution is the direct result of upper managment. Not COVID, not volume, not stimulus money, not unemployment benefits… UPPER MANAGMENT.
Here's a little secret.

I talk with and deal with people every day who have never touched a package. You know how many of them think they know all about the courier position, or ask "Why don't the drivers just do this or just do that" as if every solution should be that simple? Very few.

Now, how many couriers and other hourlies who not only have never been in any position of responsibility, let alone anything remotely resembling upper management, ask the same of upper management as if solving every issue is just that simple? Half, if not more.

If you think you're smart enough to do a better job that will increase profits, improve the customer experience, and improve employee morale then by all means let someone know because they'd throw so much money at you that you'd suffocate underneath it all.

Aquaman

Here's a little secret.

I talk with and deal with people every day who have never touched a package. You know how many of them think they know all about the courier position, or ask "Why don't the drivers just do this or just do that" as if every solution should be that simple? Very few.

Now, how many couriers and other hourlies who not only have never been in any position of responsibility, let alone anything remotely resembling upper management, ask the same of upper management as if solving every issue is just that simple? Half, if not more.

If you think you're smart enough to do a better job that will increase profits, improve the customer experience, and improve employee morale then by all means let someone know because they'd throw so much money at you that you'd suffocate underneath it all.
You pay employees better… that’s how you do a better job. That alone has a ripple effect that will eliminate 90% of employee resentment and improve manager/employee relations. It’s not rocket science dude. It’s not just couriers wanting a fatter check… it’s the answer. PEOPLE SERVICE PROFIT IS the answer. A well paid employee with great benefits, will give better service, which results in better profit. This company is trying everything it can to increase profits BUT reward employees. The profits come last in the equation. They are the result of being a great place to work. Service is about as good as it’s gonna get. We deliver boxes. We could get slightly faster. But we’re already the fastest. And we provide better tracking than anyone else. The big mystery all the higher ups can’t figure out is written all over the company. As corny as it is, it’s PSP. Let me ask you, does your station do a Christmas party? Are there any family events at your station? Any form of team building? Employee cookouts? Sponsored 5K walks? Go look around at what other companies do to let employees know they care. My brother in law works at a much smaller company that’s constantly renting out boxes at sporting events. Giving them tickets to shows. Participating in local events. When was the last time any of our families set foot on FedEx property? This place does nothing. Absolutely nothing, well besides make everyone anxious about potential changes and cuts. And when the 2%-3% train rolls around in October, everyone feels that year of nothing. And we go out on road and stop caring. If you can explain to me how you can squeeze more profit out of a workforce that doesn’t care, I’m all ears.

yadig

Volume, COVID, labor force participation rate is still well pre-COVID levels. You been in a coma or something?
Covid, Covid, Covid! I love how you say labor force participation! Lmao! We have fell well below ups, and usps for on time delivery’s, are you gonna deny that maroon? We use to be the top dog! Is Covid and “labor force participation”problems only at FedEx? Come on man!

NC man

You pay employees better… that’s how you do a better job. That alone has a ripple effect that will eliminate 90% of employee resentment and improve manager/employee relations. It’s not rocket science dude. It’s not just couriers wanting a fatter check… it’s the answer. PEOPLE SERVICE PROFIT IS the answer. A well paid employee with great benefits, will give better service, which results in better profit. This company is trying everything it can to increase profits BUT reward employees. The profits come last in the equation. They are the result of being a great place to work. Service is about as good as it’s gonna get. We deliver boxes. We could get slightly faster. But we’re already the fastest. And we provide better tracking than anyone else. The big mystery all the higher ups can’t figure out is written all over the company. As corny as it is, it’s PSP. Let me ask you, does your station do a Christmas party? Are there any family events at your station? Any form of team building? Employee cookouts? Sponsored 5K walks? Go look around at what other companies do to let employees know they care. My brother in law works at a much smaller company that’s constantly renting out boxes at sporting events. Giving them tickets to shows. Participating in local events. When was the last time any of our families set foot on FedEx property? This place does nothing. Absolutely nothing, well besides make everyone anxious about potential changes and cuts. And when the 2%-3% train rolls around in October, everyone feels that year of nothing. And we go out on road and stop caring. If you can explain to me how you can squeeze more profit out of a workforce that doesn’t care, I’m all ears.
Exactly. When they said no raise for top last Oct I decided to retire in Dec.
Fortunately was able to after 33 yrs. The no raise told me exactly what they thought of me.i hear a lot of senior drivers have done the same,I guess that’s what they wanted but now the job will be a revolving door as people newly hired eventually see Fed isn’t what they thought it would be and move on.Nothing Fed offers now is more than most other companies and less than a lot now.

Aquaman

Exactly. When they said no raise for top last Oct I decided to retire in Dec.
Fortunately was able to after 33 yrs. The no raise told me exactly what they thought of me.i hear a lot of senior drivers have done the same,I guess that’s what they wanted but now the job will be a revolving door as people newly hired eventually see Fed isn’t what they thought it would be and move on.Nothing Fed offers now is more than most other companies and less than a lot now.
And the “bonus” they gave you topped out guys they didn’t even want to give you. They gave it only because of backlash. It’s the way this place works. See what they can get away with first. Then give what they should’ve given originally. Only now there’s a bitter taste to it because you know they didn’t want to. There are too many decisions like that to even list. If your employees aren’t happy, handlers load trucks/cans slower. Ramp agents build/load the planes slower. Couriers/RTD’s deliver & pickup slower. Managment avoids their work group instead of inviting ideas. It’s a recipe for a sinking ship. And people haven’t been happy here for a long time.

yadig

You pay employees better… that’s how you do a better job. That alone has a ripple effect that will eliminate 90% of employee resentment and improve manager/employee relations. It’s not rocket science dude. It’s not just couriers wanting a fatter check… it’s the answer. PEOPLE SERVICE PROFIT IS the answer. A well paid employee with great benefits, will give better service, which results in better profit. This company is trying everything it can to increase profits BUT reward employees. The profits come last in the equation. They are the result of being a great place to work. Service is about as good as it’s gonna get. We deliver boxes. We could get slightly faster. But we’re already the fastest. And we provide better tracking than anyone else. The big mystery all the higher ups can’t figure out is written all over the company. As corny as it is, it’s PSP. Let me ask you, does your station do a Christmas party? Are there any family events at your station? Any form of team building? Employee cookouts? Sponsored 5K walks? Go look around at what other companies do to let employees know they care. My brother in law works at a much smaller company that’s constantly renting out boxes at sporting events. Giving them tickets to shows. Participating in local events. When was the last time any of our families set foot on FedEx property? This place does nothing. Absolutely nothing, well besides make everyone anxious about potential changes and cuts. And when the 2%-3% train rolls around in October, everyone feels that year of nothing. And we go out on road and stop caring. If you can explain to me how you can squeeze more profit out of a workforce that doesn’t care, I’m all ear
And the “bonus” they gave you topped out guys they didn’t even want to give you. They gave it only because of backlash. It’s the way this place works. See what they can get away with first. Then give what they should’ve given originally. Only now there’s a bitter taste to it because you know they didn’t want to. There are too many decisions like that to even list. If your employees aren’t happy, handlers load trucks/cans slower. Ramp agents build/load the planes slower. Couriers/RTD’s deliver & pickup slower. Managment avoids their work group instead of inviting ideas. It’s a recipe for a sinking ship. And people haven’t been happy here for a long time.
I see it everyday at the ramp. We hire 4 rtd’s 2 leave and 1 or 2 can’t pass the state exam. The jokes keep going round. I did make a killing in ot last 2 years though. It seems management is utterly clueless and cares less than the hourly employees. I have never seen morale this low in my 26 years in management. It’s like I care more than my manager does, that’s never a good sign for a company.

bacha29

Here's a little secret.

A man who has never been in a position of responsibility talking about people who have never been in a position of responsibility.

Aquaman

I see it everyday at the ramp. We hire 4 rtd’s 2 leave and 1 or 2 can’t pass the state exam. The jokes keep going round. I did make a killing in ot last 2 years though. It seems management is utterly clueless and cares less than the hourly employees. I have never seen morale this low in my 26 years in management. It’s like I care more than my manager does, that’s never a good sign for a company.
They don’t invest in morale, that’s why. They invest in infrastructure, tech, and equipment. Their most essential investment should always be employees first. But they give us what’s left over… and they always find a way to make it feel like they didn’t even want to. DO THINGS for your employees. My manager has to spend money from her own pocket for 25 year anniversary cakes. If that doesn’t epitomize this company idk what does…

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

They don’t invest in morale, that’s why. They invest in infrastructure, tech, and equipment. Their most essential investment should always be employees first. But they give us what’s left over… and they always find a way to make it feel like they didn’t even want to. DO THINGS for your employees. My manager has to spend money from her own pocket for 25 year anniversary cakes. If that doesn’t epitomize this company idk what does…
Upper management seems to think they’ll get away with it forever but I see all blowing up in their faces someday. Hopefully, sooner than later.

Aquaman

Upper management seems to think they’ll get away with it forever but I see all blowing up in their faces someday. Hopefully, sooner than later.
It’ll just slowly keep changing the culture of the company. When you don’t pay near the top, you attract the bottom. Problem they’re already running in to is the other bottom feeding companies are trying harder lol. Ground, who should be the real bottom buzzard of FedEx is offering handlers $26/hr in my area… FULL TIME. While we’re still posting jobs on indeed for $14/hr. This place wants to sell you the old FedEx when we’re really Big Lots in disguise.

NC man

Right on the 1k for sure,so much grumbling they decided to throw a bone. Tacked on to reg check the taxes were so bad I could hardly tell.

El Morado Diablo

We were told today the SFA scores company wide were in the tank. I'll be interested in hearing how they try to spin it. We are hitting P-S-P on all cylinders: People (unhappy workforce) - Service (worst in the industry) - Profit (hedge funds/analysts wondering what the hell is going on).

MAKAVELI

We were told today the SFA scores company wide were in the tank. I'll be interested in hearing how they try to spin it. We are hitting P-S-P on all cylinders: People (unhappy workforce) - Service (worst in the industry) - Profit (hedge funds/analysts wondering what the hell is going on).
No worries, Raj and little Dickey will fix everything. Lol

59 Dano

Dude, if it was as easy as you seem to think it is, they'd have done it long ago.

I've mentioned this before. When they started the temporary $3 an hour peak premium in the Nashville market, there was an immediate and significant uptick in employee morale. A couple of weeks later everyone was back to the way they were. After peak they announced that they were leaving it in place. The reaction? Crickets.

No one denies that there are benefits to better pay but you act like there will be unicorns and rainbows if they crank up the pay.

59 Dano

Covid, Covid, Covid! I love how you say labor force participation! Lmao! We have fell well below ups, and usps for on time delivery’s, are you gonna deny that maroon? We use to be the top dog! Is Covid and “labor force participation”problems only at FedEx? Come on man!
Everyone is having issues, but you deny it because... reasons?