OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

ToteHoarder

I’m not spitting in anyone’s face..

I’m not for forcing members to have no days off. But if The company has services all week, someone has to work. The package delivery business is not just a five day a week business anymore.

Personally I’d love a Tue-Sat schedule as I have a Monday night activity that I struggle to attend every week.

The answer is 10 hour days 4 days per week. Highest seniority chooses their schedule. 7 day operation.

You’re welcome.

ToteHoarder

It’s the smart move.

Emerging data is showing better life satisfaction, less burnout, and increased productivity from the 4 day work week. UPS could save on injuries and overtime and drivers could maybe actually spend time with their families.

Imagine the PR and how it would set an example of one of the biggest companies in the world. It might drive stock prices up even with UPS announcing Sunday delivery.

But what do I know? I’m just a college dropout with too much time to think.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Pvds only taking the gravy from our routes. We literally take more time driving to meet them than it would take to deliver the gravy stops we bring them. God forbid they deliver a heavy box. Seriously I like dropping some junk stops on them and hearing the cry’s
Gotta be a better way. The company can’t be liking the poor service they provide and I know us grey haired brownies still have pride in what we do.
If there is any corporate trolls on this site please recognize most of us take the job seriously and believe the customer is still king. Please help us to protect the shield and our reputation. Remember we built this. Ain’t nobody gonna take what we built away…
Company probably learned the hard way that, unlike amazon, if a pvd gets a package lost or stolen, it could easily go up into the thousands. This includes alledgedly signed-for packages.

If the amazon driver drops a full tote of packages at an apartment door I doubt the total value lost would be more than a few hundred, for comparison.

PT Car Washer

Company probably learned the hard way that, unlike amazon, if a pvd gets a package lost or stolen, it could easily go up into the thousands. This includes alledgedly signed-for packages.

If the amazon driver drops a full tote of packages at an apartment door I doubt the total value lost would be more than a few hundred, for comparison.
I didn't think that PVD's delivered high value packages.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I didn't think that PVD's delivered high value packages.
They delivered our normal volume, whatever a regular driver would be dispatched with unless it physically did not fit in their car.

And I might have been hyperbolic. a single lost package could come close to a thousand, multiple lost packages as I've seen from them could go higher.

You and I might not think of us as a premium service anymore but most shippers still use us primarily to transport "flashy, spendy" items and have reasonable proof of reciept. Otherwise they would just shove it in a usps envelope.

PT Car Washer

They delivered our normal volume, whatever a regular driver would be dispatched with unless it physically did not fit in their car.

And I might have been hyperbolic. a single lost package could come close to a thousand, multiple lost packages as I've seen from them could go higher.

You and I might not think of us as a premium service anymore but most shippers still use us primarily to transport "flashy, spendy" items and have reasonable proof of reciept. Otherwise they would just shove it in a usps envelope.
I thought UPS only paid claims up to a Hundred Dollars unless it was a high value package.

Trucker Clock

I thought UPS only paid claims up to a Hundred Dollars unless it was a high value package.

You can insure for whatever amount you wish. Every package is automatically insured up to $100 and then it's $2.50 for each additional hundred dollars I believe.

Here, the value has to be over $5000 for the high value control paperwork. Anything less, nobody is the wiser and it is handled just like a $1 package. That package you just delivered could be $4 or $4000 without you knowing the difference.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Here, the value has to be over $5000 for the high value control paperwork. Anything less, nobody is the wiser and it is handled just like a $1 package. That package you just delivered could be $4 or $4000 without you knowing the difference.
It was the same way where I worked. Some people don’t want to pay the insurance so they risk it. To me, it was all cardboard.