OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How bout just using 22.4's the way they were originally designed. Work inside, and only drive when needed to reduce requested RPCD overtime and Saturday. A Tue-Sat schedule to deliver the Saturday volume.

Pay them full driver rate when they drive, and if they drive more hours than a set limit, more than just to reduce unwanted OT and Saturday delivery, force the Company to hire another RPCD.

If they drive a few hours a day and on Saturday, fine. If they're used to drive all the time, have a contractual clause to hire another RPCD to do that work that the 22.4 has been doing.

And this way, at least the Company is not using a "cheaper" driver to deliver their packages. The 22.4 will be full driver rate.
Yeah I said from the get go if a 22.4 was driving more than 5 hours Monday through Friday they should be getting full driver pay.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All that I can tell you it was slow as hell after the strike of 97.

I'm not trying to spread fear , I'm just being honest.
But yes I think we have better leverage this contract and much better leadership.
I’m not saying it wouldn’t be busy but there’s just not much capacity in the system for people to take on our work.