Officer Kim Potter Charged With Second Degree Manslaughter In The Wright Shooting

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In Minnesota, second-degree manslaughter applies when authorities allege a person causes someone's death by "culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another."

over9five

Staff member
Good Lord, I guess I assumed she was a rookie. She's been a cop 26 years, certainly she knows the difference between a gun and a taser. She really did murder him!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Putting her on display at another all for show trial will not heal any wounds.
Best to let the charges stand until she is not a news item and then quietly drop them.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Good Lord, I guess I assumed she was a rookie. She's been a cop 26 years, certainly she knows the difference between a gun and a taser. She really did murder him!
Whoa... no kiddin’? I thought she was a rookie.
Sheds a little different light on it. The moral of the story is the same... Don’t resist arrest ass****

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The decedent shares culpability in his own demise.

It's also clear she did not consciously takes chances.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I look at it differently. After 26 years it just makes it all the more a tragic accident that should have never happened.............................but in the long run @Lineandinitial has it right-----at least it was another thug off the street and not just some choirboy driving around with an air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror (which by the way is illegal in Mn.---it would be classified as an illegal obstruction). Personally I hope down the road she can land on her feet again.