Officer Kim Potter Charged With Second Degree Manslaughter In The Wright Shooting

rod

Retired 22 years
Well, Wright's family are showing all the proper moves to get their big payoff too.
No doubt they will get one --if Mpls has any money left over from all the other lawsuits they have been paying out. I can't imagine what their law suit insurance premiums will be after all this or even if any company will insure them.

vantexan

No doubt they will get one --if Mpls has any money left over from all the other lawsuits they have been paying out. I can't imagine what their law suit insurance premiums will be after all this or even if any company will insure them.
Why, didn't happen in Minneapolis?

rod

Retired 22 years
Why, didn't happen in Minneapolis?
OOPS-----as you can probably tell I don't give much of a crap about all this stuff going on. If it was up to me I would put up a wall around the whole Twin Cities area, give EVERYBODY a gun and let mother nature take its course. Turn it back into Murderapolis like it was know as a few summers ago. Carry On

newfie

I responded to your post #38 by sarcastically ("/s") suggesting you must be a racist if you believe blacks aren't helpless and should be expected to follow an officer's orders.
that part i understood and appreciated it. I was a little confused as to the context of helpless and follow an officers orders. all good. carry on.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't believe that a cop was unable to tell the difference between a taser and a loaded pistol. Aside from that, I expect we'll find out what the results of the investigation are. There is no question that she caused his death, now it's a matter of determining whether it was justified or not.

newfie

I don't believe that a cop was unable to tell the difference between a taser and a loaded pistol. Aside from that, I expect we'll find out what the results of the investigation are. There is no question that she caused his death, now it's a matter of determining whether it was justified or not.
26 years of experience does not negate the stress of those situations and the fact that people makes mistakes when the adrenaline is pumping.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
26 years of experience does not negate the stress of those situations and the fact that people makes mistakes when the adrenaline is pumping.

I just don't see the weights and feel of the weapons being close. That would set off alarms in my brain that would cause me to hesitate, and at least glance at what's in my hand.

PT Car Washer

You are suggesting that the shooting was justified? No one else is saying that it was justified. Except for a few neo Nazis that want all minorities to be gassed.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You are suggesting that the shooting was justified? No one else is saying that it was justified. Except for a few neo Nazis that want all minorities to be gassed.

That's for the people whose job it is to investigate it to determine, and possibly a jury. I don't really understand this mentality of just believing CNN when they tell you that the shooting was criminal. That's why it is almost impossible to get an impartial jury for high profile cases. We still supposedly have a presumption of innocence as a legal standard. The arrogance of people who think they have enough information to condemn someone based on fake news reporting just doesn't jibe with my view of justice.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You were on here yesterday parroting some silly lie about an air freshener.

Pretty sure you were one of the people who bought into the lie that Jacob Blake was unarmed....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A person who causes the death of another...
(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another

Good luck getting a conviction for that.

MAKAVELI

That's for the people whose job it is to investigate it to determine, and possibly a jury. I don't really understand this mentality of just believing CNN when they tell you that the shooting was criminal. That's why it is almost impossible to get an impartial jury for high profile cases. We still supposedly have a presumption of innocence as a legal standard. The arrogance of people who think they have enough information to condemn someone based on fake news reporting just doesn't jibe with my view of justice.
You Neo Nazis didn't have the same presumption of innocence for Daunte Wright.