"On Topic" A thing I hope we can all agree upon.

Each day I do not come to work with the intention of getting injured or killed on the job that day.

• Total voters

10 point

I have a friend who is a comp fraud investigator. He works on percentage and makes a very good living.
Shocker.
There's dishonest people in America?

I used to deliver a federal building where the SS/Disability office was.
He should've camped out in that parking lot and retired early.
It's not WC but the same dynamics apply.

Drink Craft Beer

Someone looking for a couple of weeks off or perhaps someone who may have hurt themselves at home and is looking for a comp claim.
Pending the injury, staying at home isn't an option anymore at UPS. If you have a weight restriction, then you'll scan smalls on the pre-load and then whatever paperwork they can find for you to do, or clean the bathroom walls etc...etc...

It's been that way for awhile. You don't get paid for sitting on your ass at home anymore.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Current Poll Results

When I come to work each day, it is not my plan or intention to be injured or killed on the job that day.

The above statement is the basic statement from the poll at the beginning of this thread.( I have changed the wording a little because someone expressed that the original phrase was a bit confusing)

Currently of the 12 responses 7 agree and 5 disagree.

5 disagree?

Anyone have any thought as to the reasons someone might disagree with this statement?

Please if you read this and haven't responded to the poll I'd appreciate if you would now.

Thanks!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Pending the injury, staying at home isn't an option anymore at UPS. If you have a weight restriction, then you'll scan smalls on the pre-load and then whatever paperwork they can find for you to do, or clean the bathroom walls etc...etc...

It's been that way for awhile. You don't get paid for sitting on your ass at home anymore.
Whether you stay at home or not is strictly up to your doctor's restrictions. If you are prescribed narcotics for pain they cannot force you to drive to work.

B

BrownCubster

I dont understand this thread. who comes to work with the intention of being hurt or killed?

B

BrownCubster

Please understand, the above prologue is to be interpreted as metaphor.

Once again, the Bourgeoisie system is rigged to chip away at Proletariat independence, and as he or she, is a part of the machine that is production, serves in a perpetual injuring of the common man's essence, insuring a slow death.
wally, that sounds so profound but i dont understand it either. This topic must be way over my head.

35years

Gravy route

See you own doctor...
He will write a completely disabled from work note if you explain how they will try to push the limits of any restriction.