"On Topic" Is my pay right?

2Jon2

two questions, is there a limitation to the amount of time that can go by before a noticing and reporting a paycheck error i.e. missing hours? And I'm pretty sure my pay rate is incorrect. I've been working at ups 2 years 10 months and only make $12 and that is suppose to include the skilled worker raise? That doesn't seem right from what I can tell.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'd tell you to check your payrate on UPSers but apparently it takes 4 days to add "new" features like changeing your w-4, paycheck stubs, and direct deposit. You know, things that were already working fine. Did I mention they won't tell you when it's not going to be available until after they shut it down.

trickpony1

OP-----you have 90 days to correct pay errors.

This may be what the company thinks but......

The OP needs to talk to his union steward. If the pay is incorrect and the company refuses to backpay then the OP may want to contact the Dept. of Labor, wage and hourly division, and get their opinion.

km3

two questions, is there a limitation to the amount of time that can go by before a noticing and reporting a paycheck error i.e. missing hours? And I'm pretty sure my pay rate is incorrect. I've been working at ups 2 years 10 months and only make $12 and that is suppose to include the skilled worker raise? That doesn't seem right from what I can tell.

$12 for more than 2 and less than 3 years sounds right to me. That's what I make at the skilled rate.

Corrections can go back as far as a year where I am. A steward noticed a problem when looking at my pay stub and told me to pursue it. Ended up getting 6 months of back pay. That may vary by local though, so report discrepancies as soon as you notice them.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
it may be 90 days for a time shortage correction, but i know of at least two employees who got substantial retro checks because of a missed progression raise the where supposed to get years prior. both times checks where in the thousands of dollars

trickpony1

The OP needs to be aware that his full time supe and/or HR will tell him anything they think he is stupid enough to believe.

This is why I suggested talking to his Union Steward and/or BA.

watdaflock?

The OP needs to be aware that his full time supe and/or HR will tell him anything they think he is stupid enough to believe.

This is why I suggested talking to his Union Steward and/or BA.
This. Don't trust management and follow through when you were actually do the $1 skilled rate raise.

Over 70

I'm not much if a numbers type guy. What is the difference?

Seems like we have too much pay errors, the biggest being management adjusting time in their favor?

Maybe @cheryl should add a subforum just for payroll issues?

I've never worked anywhere that cared about the minute as much as UPS or actively did all they could to screw you out of a single minute.

Over 70

It's been eye opening. Everywhere I've ever worked was always correct on pay because it's the easiest way to piss off an employee. Its a cardinal sin to screw with your employees pay.