On Topic: UPS attempting to terminate newer driver after filing grievances

Savvy412

Everyone likes to make everything so much harder then it is.

If i have to pee, I go in the back..pee in a bottle..20 seconds later im done... No way im going to break off and go allllllll the way to a bathroom just to pee.

35years

Gravy route
OP could have planned on just pooping, then decided :censored2: it I'm eating now too. OP will be back to work eventually, this is just posturing by a d*head sup.
True, but when he decided to stay to eat the break starts when he shut off the truck. The court ruling is quite clear about this; UPS does not have to compensate you for a short bathroom break (under 20 minutes) if it is taken as an extension of another break.

In my experience, the guys who love to tell you "fly under the radar" are the ones who drive over the speed limit, take shortcuts, and do whatever management says. Like I said, sheep.
I just try not to be stupid. Give them a fair shake, they are paying me good money.

But at the same time I choose my battles wisely. Now they don't bother me anymore.

clean hairy

I completely agree except in 2015 the 3rd District court ruled about rest room time being on'off the clock. Rest room breaks up to 20 minutes in duration are paid time.
Perez v. American Future Systems, Inc., Dist. Court, ED Pennsylvania 2015 - Google Scholar
The 2 exceptions are extending an authorized break (which could be argued in this case) and breaks to breast feed infants because there is specific wording in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which states breastfeeding time must be provided but not compensated.

Now...
What if UPS provides 2 (10 minute) paid breaks; If not already taken, could UPS force the driver to use this compensated time for restroom breaks?
Just my 2 cents, but breaks are personal time, not sure the company can dictate what we do on our personal time.

35years

Gravy route
Everyone likes to make everything so much harder then it is.

If i have to pee, I go in the back..pee in a bottle..20 seconds later im done... No way im going to break off and go allllllll the way to a bathroom just to pee.
I have seen drivers disciplined for leaving pee bottles in the truck. But driving to a bathroom can not disciplined unless it is not to use it, but to purposely waste time.

W

What The Hawk?

Just seems retarded that you can "decide" when nature calls and have to hold it in because the big guys my can you for using the can. :censored2:ing retarded.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Peeing in a bottle...LOL. UPS loves hearing about package monkeys doing this. However unprofessional and disgusting.

Unless I'm extremely desperate and can't make it, I'm driving to a restroom or holding it.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I piss in a bottle many times a day...no business 100% resi, and I have no problem with that. You drama queens are funny.

battym

when I was trained, if driving off trace to take break,I would punch out after my last stop,and be back on trace when punched back in..3 days in a row extending a break to me is asking for trouble.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You are giving them your break. That's DUMB.

Maybe it's different in other locations but that is exactly how my building operates, you want a full break you better pack a lunch or stop in an area next to a restaurant on your route. Thats how we are trained and the union agrees with it.

Why push it for a few extra minutes...for me an hour lunch felt like an eternity anyway. To me DUMB is risking your job for something this trivial.