One big happy family 🙃

deadman

Other than the last 2 quarters Express has also been the most profitable branch of FedEx.
yaaaa no. express margins have been terrible usually sitting in the 3-5% range compared to grounds 8-12% the difference of the last 2 quarters is express has dropped to 1.2% while ground is at 9%.

lilwizbiz

yaaaa no. express margins have been terrible usually sitting in the 3-5% range compared to grounds 8-12% the difference of the last 2 quarters is express has dropped to 1.2% while ground is at 9%.
Margins yeah. In terms of the dollar amount Express has always been ahead. But yea brother they’re giving up the company to contractors. Can’t wait to hear the excuses when it don’t end up happening.

Gone fishin

Margins yeah. In terms of the dollar amount Express has always been ahead. But yea brother they’re giving up the company to contractors. Can’t wait to hear the excuses when it don’t end up happening.
Can you imagine handing over the success of your company to mostly people that could care less. To people that are working there because they’re in between jobs.
If most everything does go to ground that means they will even need more workers. As we know that would be a job in itself finding them.
I gotta say I’m kinda looking forward to the show

It will be fine

Can you imagine handing over the success of your company to mostly people that could care less. To people that are working there because they’re in between jobs.
If most everything does go to ground that means they will even need more workers. As we know that would be a job in itself finding them.
I gotta say I’m kinda looking forward to the show
Are you under the impression that the average Express driver cares about FedEx?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No matter what happens it’s going to be a disaster. Very little at this company is executed well. E-Star, response, step plan, TNT purchase… it’s all a mess, every time. Business as usual is horrible to say to someone when they’ve got their whole life tied up in this company. I wish they would just tell people the truth and stop trying to trick them into staying.
This board- Express is going to get rid of a lot of couriers
Also this board- Express is trying to trick couriers into staying

I love this board.

SFFX

Guess what happens to margins when the work is transferred to cheaper labor?
Its not linear, or that simple at all. There is a reason that UPS is stable and make controlled profits, its controlled stable labor. The idea or cheap reliable labor is over in America, baby boomers (aka largest portion of America workforce) are leaving and retiring. Its real simple, look at the massive loses Amazon has taken in its own delivery, they run it at a loss knowingly to control the market. Fedex just took the bait, margins will be made stable at the expense to the contractors. Here comes the squeeze

lilwizbiz

It’s not linear, or that simple at all. There is a reason that UPS is stable and make controlled profits, its controlled stable labor. The idea or cheap reliable labor is over in America, baby boomers (aka largest portion of America workforce) are leaving and retiring. Its real simple, look at the massive loses Amazon has taken in its own delivery, they run it at a loss knowingly to control the market. Fedex just took the bait, margins will be made stable at the expense to the contractors. Here comes the squeeze
Nobody in this day and age wants to work for Pennies anymore, no benefits, no 401k so on and so on. Look at the economy :censored2:’s expensive now.

yadig

Guess what happens to margins when the work is transferred to cheaper labor?
Guess what happens to the customer experience? We don’t make a product dano, we are the product. I bet cardinal health will care when there packages are late on a consistent basis.

yadig

It’s not linear, or that simple at all. There is a reason that UPS is stable and make controlled profits, its controlled stable labor. The idea or cheap reliable labor is over in America, baby boomers (aka largest portion of America workforce) are leaving and retiring. Its real simple, look at the massive loses Amazon has taken in its own delivery, they run it at a loss knowingly to control the market. Fedex just took the bait, margins will be made stable at the expense to the contractors. Here comes the squeeze
Well said!