Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

For what it's worth, I don't care if they all end up piled in the ocean, but new generation batteries will outlast any car body you put them in. They can be a robotaxi for 20 years and then grid storage.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

trickpony1

I don't think EV's preserve the earth. I don't care if they go in the trash after use.

Altruism would be reading.
Where did you get that?
For your consumption:

al·tru·ism
[ˈaltro͞oˌizəm]

NOUN
  1. the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others:
    "some may choose to work with vulnerable elderly people out of altruism"
    synonyms:
    unselfishness · selflessness · self-sacrifice · self-denial · consideration · compassion · kindness · goodwill · decency · nobility · public-spiritedness ·
    [more]
    • zoology
      behavior of an animal that benefits another at its own expense:
      "reciprocal altruism"

wilberforce15

Where did you get that?
For your consumption:

al·tru·ism
[ˈaltro͞oˌizəm]

NOUN
  1. the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others:
    "some may choose to work with vulnerable elderly people out of altruism"
    synonyms:
    unselfishness · selflessness · self-sacrifice · self-denial · consideration · compassion · kindness · goodwill · decency · nobility · public-spiritedness ·
    [more]
    • zoology
      behavior of an animal that benefits another at its own expense:
      "reciprocal altruism"
And in this concern, altruism would be manifest by you deciding to read.
That would be altruism.

Although, you could be totally selfish and that also means reading. If you don't want to look like a maroon, then read. If you want to help me, then read.
Basically it all comes back to reading.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1653327599233.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm scared of buying a new car.
I'm afraid that technology used today will be beyond my understanding.
I hear that no keys are needed to start them.
That they drive themselves and some even talk back to you.

rod

Retired 22 years
My truck makes me take my eyes off the road to push "AGREE" with the message on the screen that says "taking your eyes off the road is dangerous".

Mutineer

My truck makes me take my eyes off the road to push "AGREE" with the message on the screen that says "taking your eyes off the road is dangerous".
Is this true, or are you making this up as a joke?

If it's a joke, then it's sooo ridiculous that there's a possibility that this will one day be true. And that's not funny at all.

If it's true, then the irony value should purchase a one time fit of laughter, and a lifetime of giggles.

But then if it's true, it is indicative that the state of modern society has descended to a new low.

And that's depressing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Is this true, or are you making this up as a joke?

If it's a joke, then it's sooo ridiculous that there's a possibility that this will one day be true. And that's not funny at all.

If it's true, then the irony value should purchase a one time fit of laughter, and a lifetime of giggles.

But then if it's true, it is indicative that the state of modern society has descended to a new low.

And that's depressing.
100% true. The message will randomly come on the touch screen while I'm driving and can only be erased by touching the AGREE button. It DON"T go away by itself - I've let it remain there for 5 minutes. In the mean time the touchscreen is useless for changing radio stations or anything else. 2016 3/4 ton Silverado. I've asked the dealer about it and they just laugh---like everyone else. :-)

Mutineer

100% true. The message will randomly come on the touch screen while I'm driving and can only be erased by touching the AGREE button. It DON"T go away by itself - I've let it remain there for 5 minutes. In the mean time the touchscreen is useless for changing radio stations or anything else. 2016 3/4 ton Silverado. I've asked the dealer about it and they just laugh---like everyone else. :-)
I simply could not abide that feature. I would very much want to plunge an ice pick into the screen.

The purpose of a vehicle is a tool to transport a person to and from wherever he wants to go.

Not to remind, nag, condescend, badger, harass or criticize.
Indeed, people often use a vehicle to escape such things!

I've heard that vehicles are being equipped with alcohol sensors that when triggered will disable the vehicle.

I wonder how long such a vehicle would be disabled if a beer was poured onto the seat?

Thebrownblob

I simply could not abide that feature. I would very much want to plunge an ice pick into the screen.

The purpose of a vehicle is a tool to transport a person to and from wherever he wants to go.

I've heard that vehicles are being equipped with alcohol sensors that when triggered will disable the vehicle.

I wonder how long such a vehicle would be disabled if a beer was poured onto the seat?
Correct I got married to be naged and harassed. I bought a car to drive away from that every now and then lol.

rod

Retired 22 years

7247B7FA-1BE7-48ED-9458-761F6B099BB6.jpeg

Message came up again today while driving. Left it on for 8 minutes- wouldn’t go away until I hit ok. :-)