Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

rod

Retired 22 years
How stupid.
The more technical vehicles get the stupider they are. I have a friend who just got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. The touch screen on that was defiantly designed for a 20 year old with 20 /20 vision. Looks like a fighter jet interment panel. It was so much easier back when all you had to do was flick a switch or twist a knob to get heat or air or just fresh air.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The more technical vehicles get the stupider they are. I have a friend who just got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. The touch screen on that was defiantly designed for a 20 year old with 20 /20 vision. Looks like a fighter jet interment panel. It was so much easier back when all you had to do was flick a switch or twist a knob to get heat or air or just fresh air.
I can barely start the bastards up.

Thebrownblob

I hate getting half way across a parking lot before I realize the key fob is still in the cup holder.
I was good enough in the old days when we still had keys at UPS, that I could get up from my seat and have the key in the key hole for the bulkhead door in one movement lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was good enough in the old days when we still had keys at UPS, that I could get up from my seat and have the key in the key hole for the bulkhead door in one movement lol.
Bulkhead doors had locks? I thought they had a mechanism that only worked if it was stuffed with little wads of delivery notices.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you locked your keys in the back the little metal clip do you have to hold your delivery records together you can pop it open
I always knew where my keys were------they were in the ignition. You should have seen me fumbling around trying to do the methods when I had a rider. It was almost embarrassing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I was once stopped by a new female sup as I was pulling out of the building one fine morning.
She started yelling that this was the 3rd day in a row that she had seen me leaving without closing the bulkhead door.
The center manager was standing directly behind her, I looked at him and said for him to explain it to her.
And off I went.
I was driving a Ford Econoline Air Van. ( P300 )

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now DeLorean is entering the Electric car market.

Alpha5 will "will premiere at Pebble Beach Concours d 'Elegance Award ramp on August 18 and the Concept Lawn on August 21," the company said on its website.

DMC Alpha5 will feature an all-electric powertrain that allows for 0-60 mph in 2.99 seconds or 0-88 mph in 4.35 seconds, much faster than DMC-12's 0-60 mph in 10.5 seconds.

Thebrownblob

Now DeLorean is entering the Electric car market.

Alpha5 will "will premiere at Pebble Beach Concours d 'Elegance Award ramp on August 18 and the Concept Lawn on August 21," the company said on its website.

DMC Alpha5 will feature an all-electric powertrain that allows for 0-60 mph in 2.99 seconds or 0-88 mph in 4.35 seconds, much faster than DMC-12's 0-60 mph in 10.5 seconds.

Great Scott!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• Tucked into that package was half a billion dollars to be allocated under the Defense Production Act to companies obtaining critical battery minerals
  • That's in addition to the $750 million DOD was authorized to dole out to mining companies when Biden first invoked DPA for critical minerals

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1654607398899.png

Mutineer

Friend of mine has had an EV for a couple years. For commuting 50 miles round trip, grocery getting, and errand running it's worked out very well. His ownership of this vehicle has also provided me with just cause to refer to him as a hippie.

This is because every evening, it gets charged in his garage.

For a long distance destination, even with planning for charging stations in mind, you should also have plans "B" and "C".

For now.