Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Lol, yeah, I can’t wait when the time comes that they use that same wonderful technology to shut your car down because you’ve driven to many miles for the month. Keep buying them libs, keep buying them👍

Again, not unique to tesla. But yes that is their aim. They can ban me from every social media site, which is why I'm here having fun at Brown cafe, but the next step is to disable an automobile for your social credit score.

Non liberal

Again, not unique to tesla. But yes that is their aim. They can ban me from every social media site, which is why I'm here having fun at Brown cafe, but the next step is to disable an automobile for your social credit score.
Whatever that is, isn’t on my truck. I’m guessing it’s on every Tesla, right?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
That might be the place where it gets even more superior, yes.
New software improves measurable performance and safety. And it happens without a phone call or a request. You just get updated and wake up to having more range or better braking.
And you just wake up one day to an update. Then all of the sudden the car will not turn on. You really can't see the negative to that?

wilberforce15

And you just wake up one day to an update. Then all of the sudden the car will not turn on. You really can't see the negative to that?
Of course there are negatives. Almost all modern cars are that connected and can be remotely disabled by someone.
It's just that such access comes with benefits for Tesla owners. You only get the vulnerability side.

vantexan

I've been looking at electric bikes for awhile and lately at electric scooters. Not the tiny wheeled stand up kind but similar to Vespa style motor scooters. For about $4500 or less you can get a scooter that'll do 50 mph or more. This makes a lot of sense in an urban/suburban area, especially in the Sun Belt where you won't be limited as much by cold weather. I used to commute on several motor scooters up to 250cc. If the advantages of a Tesla, few moving parts, minimal maintenance, very low cost to operate, translates well to much more affordable scooters then I can see buying one. When the batteries crap out they're much cheaper to replace than a full EV battery pack. Of course there are advantages of having a full size car enveloping you but for me the low initial cost and ongoing costs make a scooter a much more attractive alternative. This is if I were living in a house and needed low cost local transportation. For what I'm planning to do the climate control and electric generation and weather protection of a Prius makes more sense but I'll have to spend more than $20k more upfront with ongoing costs. Problematic on a limited budget.

By the way saw a couple of videos on the 2022 Bolt last night where owners were going over a number of problems. My retired friend who just bought one may not be so happy soon. If your heart is set on an EV car it does look like right now Tesla is the only model worth considering from a reliability standpoint and even they have issues. I just can't see a better alternative to the Prius. The 2023 Prius is supposed to have a much nicer exterior after a number of years of funky looks that a lot of owners weren't thrilled with. And Toyota is giving the 2023 a lithium battery after using a nickel based battery all these years. Hope that works out as I am going to buy new.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Of course there are negatives. Almost all modern cars are that connected and can be remotely disabled by someone.
It's just that such access comes with benefits for Tesla owners. You only get the vulnerability side.
That's where you are wrong the Tesla requires and internet access to work. Other you can remove the antennas and are good from intrusion.

wilberforce15

That's where you are wrong the Tesla requires and internet access to work. Other you can remove the antennas and are good from intrusion.
Go ahead and Google around and find out what happens if you start with attempting to remove any of the stuff that makes big brother work on your late model car.

Takes a lot more than an antenna. You have no idea how anything works.

wilberforce15

And you are wrong on both ends. Not only are you unable to disconnect your late model gas car, but Teslas work just fine without the internet. Some features go away, but that's about it.

Even for the self-driving, it can show up in the new town with no prior knowledge and no internet and get by just fine..

Non liberal

And you are wrong on both ends. Not only are you unable to disconnect your late model gas car, but Teslas work just fine without the internet. Some features go away, but that's about it.

Even for the self-driving, it can show up in the new town with no prior knowledge and no internet and get by just fine..
My truck can only be disabled if the vehicle was hot wired and they don’t have the key fob in the vehicle with them. Once again you need to get your facts straight bern. Your Tesla is a piece of liberal, communist, new world order crap, face it.

wilberforce15

My truck can only be disabled if the vehicle was hot wired and they don’t have the key fob in the vehicle with them. Once again you need to get your facts straight bern. Your Tesla is a piece of liberal, communist, new world order crap, face it.
If the vehicle can be disabled, and the vehicle is connected, then the vehicle can be disabled by someone other than you.

That's raw fact. Welcome to the brave new world.

wilberforce15

Toyota has a permanent OFF button for your truck, whether you like it or not.

Non liberal

If the vehicle can be disabled, and the vehicle is connected, then the vehicle can be disabled by someone other than you.

That's raw fact. Welcome to the brave new world.
You don’t seem to understand bern, as long as the key fob is in the vehicle the engine immobilizer cannot work. It’s only your dorky little lib created zoom zoom that does that because that’s the reason for their existence, to control sheep like you.