Operation Margins

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Which issue would increase our operation margins the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManInBrown

There is no way we make money on 148 lb packages. Many of those show up damaged and the ones that do not, damaged so many others on the way, there is no way they pay their way.
Yup. Two weeks ago on Monday I get to my truck and there’s a bomber behind it. One of those long skinny boxes. 118lbs. Thing was beat to sheet. Big hole on the bottom. I refused to take it. Tuesday morning same box, still beat to sheet with a little tape added covering the hole. Refused to take it again. Wednesday same thing. Thursday morning it was gone. Probably sent back to the shipper. I’ll be damned if I’m taking some bomber out on the road, falling apart, while I trip over it all day. Then I get to the stop and I get it out of the truck and it’s falling apart as I’m wheeling it to the garage. Nope, not happening. Thankfully for me those days are almost over. Starting feeders in a week

Heavy Package

r
There is no way we make money on 148 lb packages. Many of those show up damaged and the ones that do not, damaged so many others on the way, there is no way they pay their way.

150# Cheap-:censored2: Magic Chef wine cooler in the car on Friday. Band straps came off, Styrofoam all falling out of the bottom, etc. Time and again these packages get a call tag the next day for P/U. Double the fun.

Daf

We should double the price of anything over 100lb. Either we will make a lot of money off of them or we will have less of them and run more efficiently.

We should double the price of anything over 100lb. Either we will make a lot of money off of them or we will have less of them and run more efficiently.
I know, as an air exception driver, that when they load me up with over size, over weight LIB packages to deliver, it is going to be a long and very profitable day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had a 125 lbs package today. It was embarrassing. The full wooden crate it came in fell apart and the contents spilled out as soon as I tried to move it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Had a 125 lbs package today. It was embarrassing. The full wooden crate it came in fell apart and the contents spilled out as soon as I tried to move it.
You only had one 125lber? I had 3 packages over 130lbs because apparently there was a sale on some stupid book shelf looking thing. And 6 other over 70lbs packages I can remember. It's getting absolutely ridiculous!!!

barnyard

KTM rider
I had a trampoline and a dining room set. Dining room set was 110 lbs. Had a call tag to pick up a dining room set from someone else, that was 100 lbs. I had 7, over 70's in the truck today

Rack em

Made the Podium
I had a trampoline and a dining room set. Dining room set was 110 lbs. Had a call tag to pick up a dining room set from someone else, that was 100 lbs. I had 7, over 70's in the truck today
Was the call tag an RS1? I would folded that bad boy into a paper airplane and launched it as I drove by.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You only had one 125lber? I had 3 packages over 130lbs because apparently there was a sale on some stupid book shelf looking thing. And 6 other over 70lbs packages I can remember. It's getting absolutely ridiculous!!!
Starts getting over 110-120 and I'm sending a message in asking for help.

But you probably only got credit for 2 over 70s. There should be a second tier like over 110s.