Ops manager interview tomorrow

vantexan

True story, knob-polisher. It still happens.
I saw a number of senior mgr prospects come into a station I was at in 2007. One was a very nice black man who was originally from the east side of our state and very much wanted to come back close to home. The one who got picked was our district mgr's favorite who told us he had gotten the job before the interview process even started. Put several candidates through a lot of b.s. to make it all look legit. And believe me he wasn't the D.M.'s favorite because he was likeable.

AllBoxes

Hey sorry for such a late reply. Well I didn't get the position. I was told I made an excuse at the end of my interview to a question that wasn't part of the interview at all lol. He asked is I knew anything about a certain program (fwr) I took the time to learn it but had been working 60 hours a week every since. So when he asked I thought he would test me so I explained I knew it but I'm not fresh with it because of my hours. Wellll fedex doesn't like excuses lol. Whatever I know the guy that got the job he has been here a while and has a good attitude. The better man won.

Artee

Yep....They don't like excuses or people being honest. If you can't at least make an attempt to BS them, then you have no shot at being any good at lying to employees.

hypo hanna

Yep....They don't like excuses or people being honest. If you can't at least make an attempt to BS them, then you have no shot at being any good at lying to employees.
Exactly. You failed the "deception and deflection" portion of the interview. Critical skills for a FedEx ops manager.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hey sorry for such a late reply. Well I didn't get the position. I was told I made an excuse at the end of my interview to a question that wasn't part of the interview at all lol. He asked is I knew anything about a certain program (fwr) I took the time to learn it but had been working 60 hours a week every since. So when he asked I thought he would test me so I explained I knew it but I'm not fresh with it because of my hours. Wellll fedex doesn't like excuses lol. Whatever I know the guy that got the job he has been here a while and has a good attitude. The better man won.

If you're asked a similar question again in a future interview, just say, "Yes." That's it. If he wants more info, he'll ask and you can tell him about your FWR experience.

In your answer you offered up an excuse when there was no need to do so judging from your post. That's a big deal to some people because they will assume that having an excuse at the ready for such a simple question means you'll probably be offering a lot of excuses (even if that's not the case). Some see it as an indicator that you will jump the gun and say something you shouldn't when you shouldn't. Others might not think anything of it.

Good luck with your next interview.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you're asked a similar question again in a future interview, just say, "Yes." That's it. If he wants more info, he'll ask and you can tell him about your FWR experience.

In your answer you offered up an excuse when there was no need to do so judging from your post. That's a big deal to some people because they will assume that having an excuse at the ready for such a simple question means you'll probably be offering a lot of excuses (even if that's not the case). Some see it as an indicator that you will jump the gun and say something you shouldn't when you shouldn't. Others might not think anything of it.

Good luck with your next interview.

The outcome was a blessing in disguise. Hopefully, the OP sees the error of his ways and finds another career. Nobody should end up like you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not when they can end up like you, starving for attention on a message board, letting your mouth write checks that your butt can't cash.

Better than a butt puppet for a corrupt corporation, pretending to be multiple personalities on social media.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When, and where? Supply the proof.

Choose any of your multiple promises to quit FedEx. Then there was the time you made a big deal about leaving the board to start some dumb website that was really going to bring the fight to FedEx.

We can't forget your claim (confirmed by all of your high level contacts within the company, of course) that 2 Day and Express Saver services were to be terminated.

Or you can tell us how old your kid is. I bring that up because you've mentioned his age before. It would be nice to see how much he has aged since you first mentioned his age. How much money does your wife make? You've mentioned that, too.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Choose any of your multiple promises to quit FedEx. Then there was the time you made a big deal about leaving the board to start some dumb website that was really going to bring the fight to FedEx.

We can't forget your claim (confirmed by all of your high level contacts within the company, of course) that 2 Day and Express Saver services were to be terminated.

Or you can tell us how old your kid is. I bring that up because you've mentioned his age before. It would be nice to see how much he has aged since you first mentioned his age. How much money does your wife make? You've mentioned that, too.

Everything you state here is an opinion. I do not have a crystal ball nor do I have access to meetings between Fred S and his triad of idiots.

1. Website: Sounded like a good idea, but I don't have the time to administer one. I work a second job in real estate, have kids, and don't want to devote my life to it. Cheryl and Tony have this site as a career as far as I know.

2. E2 and XS would have been eliminated if Fred could have gotten away with it. He knows now that this would kill the Ground business model, so he won't do it. He'd love to.

3. I have several kids, and I leave information about them intentionally vague. Same for the wife. It would be easy for FedEx to figure out who I am. Not that they even care, but I throw out red herrings now (about them) and then to keep my ID intact. I never provide red herrings on company information or things that I've been told by confidential sources. I'm not going to rat-out or ID a manager who tells me something in confidence.

You're a tool, and a shameless shill. Keep trying to attack me. It will go nowhere.