Oregon anti government stand off.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Shaun King , the white guy who thinks he's black .
Has announced that the only thing keeping the feds from stopping the militia is white privilege . He used the example if a bunch of muslims took over this same area the National Guard , FBI , and State police would have shut it down by use of violent force .

Someone please tell this guy his 15 mins were already used up .

newfie

Shaun King , the white guy who thinks he's black .
Has announced that the only thing keeping the feds from stopping the militia is white privilege . He used the example if a bunch of muslims took over this same area the National Guard , FBI , and State police would have shut it down by use of violent force .

Someone please tell this guy his 15 mins were already used up .

yea always looking to turn the news into a race issue.

newfie

Why not just throw up razor wire and 24 hour guards?

that's actually an option . fence them in
I like the irony of calling themselves a MILITIA, and trying to call on the founders instructions for MILITIAS, except for on important little detail....

YOU couldnt be older than 45 years of age to be in a militia, and you were commanded by the president of the United States, and any aggression against the commander in chief would be considered TREASON.

Funny how history works, eh?

TOS.
I could be wrong but I don't think they volunteered to join Obama's Militia.

newfie

Western Oregon: Lush, forested, with large liberal pockets like Portland and Eugene.

Eastern Oregon: Sparse, desert rangeland, full of reactionary nuts.

Most people think Portlandia when they consider Oregon. Uh...no.

100 protestors in a state the size of Oregon does not make the entire area full of reactionary nuts.
the lush areas of Oregon do not equate to liberal voters.
this state is typical of many states in the union a few large population centers full of liberal voters dependent on the government hand outs dictate representation and policy in large populations of the state worked by honest tax paying hard working americans who want nothing from the government other then a fair shake.

I don't know if this is our stand but at some point an abusive government will face the consequences of its actions. There is no excuse for the federal government controlling such large plots of land in Oregon and victimizing land owners who previously had a right to those lands before it was stolen from them.

the reaction in this case may not be the correct one. but when you push honest citizens far enough this reaction starts to become more commonplace.

I have no problem in expressing my support of these folks. As a conservative who leans libertarian I do not believe the government should control land and put people who work it in jail for five years when the land is actually owned by the tax payer. These taxpayers have the balls to stand up to the tyranny of an ever intrusive government and I respect and admire them for it..
At some point we have to decide whether we will continue to moo and move in the direction the government herds us or whether at some time we decide enough is enough and stand up to this form of oppressive government tyranny.

Many americans feel this encroachment generated by government and its why Donald Trump continues to gain support. I am in no way equating donald trump to a strict enterpretation of the constitiution but we desperately need someone like him who stand ups to the status quo. We need to revisit not only the constitution but the intent behind the constitution when we evaluate this protest. the risk we run is to eventually give up all rights we have and live a life as passive sheep. I have no wool to offer to that cause.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They're "taking a stand" by occupying a building that no one cares about? They know they will accomplish nothing and so does everyone else. The only thing they're doing is taking the media for ride.

wkmac

What was once done to others is now being manifest on a much broader basis. Now it is occurring against the children of the guilty.

Welcome to the Reservation!

Future

Victory Ride
63850f7e68ea43a32da7c48f7c3d6f65.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They are in jail because they are criminals. Maybe they should stop committing crimes?

Oh, like the Hammonds? I find it interesting that they aren't fighting their sentences, which sort of indicates to me they did set fires to cover-up poaching.

Personally, I'd love to see the Feds surround the place, cut-off access, and then wait until the food runs out. Watch the patriots fold-up and blow away.