ORION 1.1 - New upgrade

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Can someone explain this - if I'm Orion compliant and finish at the exact time Orion says I'll be done - why am I still over-allowed?

I don't care but I don't understand this. If my Orion times are perfect why isn't this scratch?
It's called a scam... Corporate scam to get you to go faster nothing less nothing more

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My center manager recently came out to do an observation on me. Asked him about this new ORION upgrade putting my pick ups in a different order. He said that pick up compliance is no longer in effect.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Tuesday I ran Orion 98.9% and was 20 miles over.
Wednesday I ran Orion 98.1% and was 39 miles over.
Thursday I ran Orion 84.3% and was 28 miles under.
Clearly it doesn't work on my area. Got a message from dispatch supervisor on Friday instructing me NOT to run Orion any longer.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The "upgrade" put my first pu last, made it at 430, instead of 3, they close at 4. Made it a smart pick up, when they dont print the label. So it cannot be. They told me they cannot unsmart a smart pick up.
Wednesday an eam was missed, because the stop came out, sup and other driver on my route that day.
I put it on the center manager, it was no big deal an eam got missed, and the shipper called and complained.
If it had been me it would have been a very big deal.

I only fault the system, not the sup or driver that missed it, and the fact that the info i gave them, did no good, and it wont be fixed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tuesday I ran Orion 98.9% and was 20 miles over.
Wednesday I ran Orion 98.1% and was 39 miles over.
Thursday I ran Orion 84.3% and was 28 miles under.
Clearly it doesn't work on my area. Got a message from dispatch supervisor on Friday instructing me NOT to run Orion any longer.

85% is the goal in my center. You clearly demonstrated that you can meet that goal AND save miles. Orion DOES work on your area.

hardcharger

It doesn't work. I never hit 85% and if I were to follow Orion I'd be out an extra 3 hrs every day. Dispatcher can't even fix it. So what's the point ??

Bottom line, if one has route knowledge, Orion does not work. If someone is doing a route cold, it's often a "plan to fail" with missed deliveries and pick ups.

Limper

Out For Delivery
85% is the goal in my center. You clearly demonstrated that you can meet that goal AND save miles. Orion DOES work on your area.

I had an Orion ride on Wednesday and it clearly DOESN'T work as intended. He had the Orion tablet that wanted me to drive on walking paths. My backs are through the roof because of Orion turn arounds.
It does not give me mileage credit for long driveways.

Yes, some changes were made, but it was clear that a one day ride is simply not enough to correct all the problems.

I agree with Hefferan. Orion should be a tool, not a result.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Lets end this Orion debate once and for all.
As a driver:
Follow the methods 100%
Be safe
Make your airs and commits
Take care of your pick ups correctly
Get your business stops off first part of day

Run all your resi stops in Orion.

Do all this and don't worry about their new gimmicks and toys. Take care of safety and the customer and management usually won't have a leg to stand on.
If you're a long time bid driver, you're probably already doing this.
If you're a swing driver, you should try this on every route you swing

hardcharger

One day my Orion is decent and I can hit a little above the 85%. But then the next day it's back to being way off. After talking to the dispatcher over and over and trying to fix it , I just gave up. It's like we start all over every day.