Orion 100%

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got written up the other day for following orion
Not recently, as I am gone. But my answe was I know what 100% is, I dont have the time to calculate 80% which is what they wanted. Its either, 100 or 50.. I didnt want to learn how if I did five stops, I only got dinged once. Or whatever it was.

AKCoverMan

I have seen ORION work extremely well, but it has one critical flaw. The loops have to be set up and traced well. The map data has to be pristine and each route must have parameters set correctly. The problem is none of this is static. It cannot be one and done. Won't work. To be successful, the data must be monitored, corrected and improved every day. No exceptions. If you have a good DMS who knows his or her job, ORION works great. The problem is that good DMS's are few and very far between. In retrospect, ORION was a huge waste of money because UPS failed to properly train key people and then hold them accountable. Drivers and customers end up paying the price.
Yes. There is no budget of man hours to do the detail work to get all the parameters input. If they were, probably my EDD would look pretty much like the way I end up running it. I have gotten things fixed but its like wack a mole. Responding to driver suggestions on fixing traces has a spot on the list of priorities. It does not seem to be a very high spot on the list.

AKCoverMan

Do you get paid for tweaking your DOL?
Yes. If I am going to try to get anything fixed…I’ll be doing it on the clock. We are forever getting stuff to streets not built in system, I do work with PDS to get these added. since he works 50 miles away and way different hours than me the best way is by email. I code 10-15 mins to approved meeting 2-3 times a week doing this. Slowly things get updated. I expect to still be sending these in the week I retire lol

BrownStains

They never fixed nothing if you followed Orion and You’re not getting less stops or work. I’ve seen them take any route and add more if they wanted .

AKCoverMan

It’s all fun and games until you get called up into the office and they hit you with the “Well that would of never happened if you would of just followed ORION like your suppose to”.
That simply isn’t happening here. Haven’t seen Orion compliance posted in over two years. They know it’s wack, and they know they don’t have the manhours to fix it. They are all too busy just keeping up with annual OJSs, newbies on packet, training new OCS, etc etc ad nauseum. We have double the full time drivers in the hub and our center compared with same area back when I started…but almost exactly same management team setup: 1CM, 1PDS, 3OCSs…and three PTers who manned the OMS position. Not surprising when 💩 doesn’t get fixed for a long time.

bumped

Yes. If I am going to try to get anything fixed…I’ll be doing it on the clock. We are forever getting stuff to streets not built in system, I do work with PDS to get these added. since he works 50 miles away and way different hours than me the best way is by email. I code 10-15 mins to approved meeting 2-3 times a week doing this. Slowly things get updated. I expect to still be sending these in the week I retire lol
You are able to get approved meeting? It was taken away from our DIAD's over a year ago.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I guess/hope UPS abandoned the idea of somehow loading the trucks based on the ORION solutions.
Yeah it amazes me that they even think jumping around shelf to shelf is even possible..just shows you the brain damaged upper management we have .

EVERY MANAGER SHOULD BE A DRIVER FOR 10 YEARS MINIMUM

✊🧔‍♂️

GenericUsername

Yeah it amazes me that they even think jumping around shelf to shelf is even possible..just shows you the brain damaged upper management we have .

✊🧔‍♂️
Better yet, every IT guy needs to be a jumper for a peak season to fully understand the pain. Losing actual buttons on a DIAD is going to suck here. Not sure when we get the 6 but for now I'll be happy with the 5...

JL 0513

✊🧔‍♂️
Problem is, anyone who's been a driver for10 years isn't going into management.