Orion 100%

Hot Carl

Yes, that works. You won't get any OMS messages or anything else. Alternatively you can prerecord your last stop to prevent the system from updating the manifest.
Oh we exploited the hell out of PreRecord to shut that thing off with the V, but that feature is gone in the DIAD VI. And it didn't have to be your last stop either. It could be any stop. As long as you had a PreRecorded stop it would never update.

BrownSnowFlake

So, I finally started following Orion 100%. No more searching for stops throughout the DIAD and highlighting things/forgetting to highlight things. No more worries about my own routing with all the area knowledge... This is the best thing ever. I also worked a hell of a lot longer than I normally would, which resulted in 4 9.5+ hour days this past week. The only question I have is why did I not do this sooner?
You wasted more hours of your life sitting on a farty old seat cushion in a dirty sweaty truck. You could've spent that time with your family. You are proud of this.

Yeesh

2359FBA2-F240-424B-B891-67762B45C57E.jpeg

Whither

Scofflaw
No, I’m no coward. Yes, I do care about my customers.

Doing my route my way is solely for the benefit of myself and my customers.

Doing 100% ORION would just make me hate my life all day long at work. No. Just….No!
I was in this camp for some time. But after the cameras came, no more. I only break trace to avoid service failures. I'm all about the methods. They used to call following trace a method, and hey, it's always been there to "save miles" 🤣🤣

I've realized how much unnecessary stress I was putting on myself to run the route efficiently, solve their puzzles and idiotically sequenced add-cuts (I can run the shelves as well as the next guy). I couldn't care less these days and it's wonderful. I'm out 1.5 hrs later on average but I actually have energy after work. And because I know I'll be out later I take the time to do it all strictly by the methods. I don't take a sip of water while I'm driving. Not even stopped at a light. I pull over and pull my mirror in if I'm parched bc trace has me driving 10 min to my next delivery. I take a 5 to 10 second water break at nearly every stop.

I'm shaving about 25 deliveries off my 8 and 40 off my 9.5. My usual aches and pains don't bother me. I'm in good spirits all day. I now see, I had unwittingly bought into the lie. The results speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
You wasted more hours of your life sitting on a farty old seat cushion in a dirty sweaty truck. You could've spent that time with your family. You are proud of this.

Yeesh

View attachment 384302
It's not the quantity of the time you spend, it's the quality. If a fraction of us just followed the trace we'd have a great contract in 2023. You've gotta think in the longer term. Short term thinking gets us the same old crap, the same stress. Put the ball in the company's court. Let them figure out how to manage.

Whither

Scofflaw
Had the same training and still told to sheet as damaged. They don’t want any missed.
You've got the 6, right? It's interesting they've taken that course in your neck of the woods. I had heard reasonable speculation that the company removed "damaged" from the exception list years ago because they were trying hide damages from shippers.

Iamsomebody

On my latest DIAD 5 training it reads like we sheet em as all missed.
Had the exact training about a year ago. On the same day I sheeted a damaged package as missing and long after I got a phone call from a supervisor telling me to resheet as refused with damaged in the remarks

JustDeliverIt

You've got the 6, right? It's interesting they've taken that course in your neck of the woods. I had heard reasonable speculation that the company removed "damaged" from the exception list years ago because they were trying hide damages from shippers.

Yeah, we just got the 6 last week. Haven’t had to sheet anything as damaged yet but I’m sure it will happen. Probably take 10 minutes to find it. Damaged was in the 5 for us though.

We don’t have cameras yet, so at least that’s something.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They tried to suspend a guy years ago for not hitting his 85% Orion compliance so the next day he followed it 100% then they tried to suspend him for “maliciously following orders”. He became a straight 10:30 air, 12:30 air, commercial delivery, hour lunch, ten minute paid, pickup, then residential delivery driver for the rest of his career. He worked 12 hours a day everyday and collect 9.5 weekly. They never lightened him up.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So, I finally started following Orion 100%. No more searching for stops throughout the DIAD and highlighting things/forgetting to highlight things. No more worries about my own routing with all the area knowledge... This is the best thing ever. I also worked a hell of a lot longer than I normally would, which resulted in 4 9.5+ hour days this past week. The only question I have is why did I not do this sooner?
Damn right, and your going to use it 100 percent

charm299

They tried to suspend a guy years ago for not hitting his 85% Orion compliance so the next day he followed it 100% then they tried to suspend him for “maliciously following orders”. He became a straight 10:30 air, 12:30 air, commercial delivery, hour lunch, ten minute paid, pickup, then residential delivery driver for the rest of his career. He worked 12 hours a day everyday and collect 9.5 weekly. They never lightened him up.
I got written up the other day for not having the best interest of the company by following Orion………for the second time

Thebrownblob

I got written up the other day for not having the best interest of the company by following Orion………for the second time
They don’t even talk to us about that, and the first time they do it’s 100% from thereforward whether it makes good sense or not. At one time they were trying to tell us like 80% was required and I said I don’t have a Calculator and I’m not going to figure that out I’m either doing it 100% or my way you choose. It just went away after that.