ORION discipline

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Down the same street more than once every day since the Orion team has come and gone if they don't care why keep telling them it's the new way back in driveway k turn left turns ground in am air savers end of day .when u pick up pass up stops down dead end street 3times u can't fight big brown just work as instructed run 98%orion then get on 9.5list make more money and have less stops no stress who cares just work as instructed but be safe this is why all the a shares being sold by drivers &?

Sent using BrownCafe App
no-answer.gif

Dr.Brownz

It does not matter if ORION 'works' according to hourlies. If it gives the employee less autonomy and management more control mechanisms via technology, it will be done.

Exactly it's all about UPS upper management feeling like they are in control. It's the same reason they have a supervisor train new drivers on routes when it would make A BILLION times more sense to have the new driver ride with an experienced driver for a week. The experienced driver knows how the route is loaded, the general flow of the route, special stops, where people want their :censored2: left....but no that would be out of managements control...

Dr.Brownz

Orion is a failed investment on the company's part. They will never admit that but it's the truth. They wasted millions on it, if not billions. I will never use it or follow it.

Was just talking about this today with my shop steward. What ever higher up executive person that approved this is trying to keep from looking like a total fool by shoving it down everyones throats and putting out press releases (and radio ads on NPR apparently) about how UPS is cutting emissions.

Theking30

SHORTY
Some people will spend way to much time and energy on this. Make you life simple run it 100%. Just like the over allowed. You beat the miles they will adjust them and eventually you will never beat them and you will be working your butt off trying too.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
i like getting paid to ride around,getting paid for doing less and the icing on the cake is watching the operation supes stressed to the point of tears every morning. My life is stress free,I couldnt be happier and I wish we'd have had ORION and telematics in place 25 years ago

After reading advice on here, and from you and others.......I got over the neck jerk where I am driving by a stop, that I want to deliver but its getting me there three hours later. My life is so much improved (work life). I am 90% or better, and 16 miles over. Today only 9 over but I bet 95%. They got on me about it, and it was because I just think too much. I offered to be 100%, if you would like me to miss commercial that was suppose to be fixed and now the Orion team is gone. And I am driving a truck with 400k, smokes like a steam engine, Only diesel, and it goes 0-35, in like 3.5 hours. Finally my truck which has been in the shop for 2.5 months was back in my spot today. It had a rear door that UPS did not have the money to fix, suddenly it is fixed.

I remember the olden days when customers mattered.
And to top it off I am on the 9.5 list, and I have been using my 2 8 hr requests per month diligently, and the last two, always on Friday. Always 70 + air for two businesses.

We have had one driver fired, we think for retaliation for 9.5 grievances, but I dont know the whole story yet.There are always two sides to a story.

Every Wednesday, I get asked, can you get in under 9.5? Because I already had two I might be 9.49, but I am under. Which is all I really wanted. And I told them I never had a problem with 730, I have a problem with 9pm.

The days of cutting routes and throwing the crap on me is over. At least 3 days a week.

So our contract language has seemed to work for me, but mostly the advice of a few of my dear friends on here, and growing a set where one was never meant to grow.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
After reading advice on here, and from you and others.......I got over the neck jerk where I am driving by a stop, that I want to deliver but its getting me there three hours later. My life is so much improved (work life). I am 90% or better, and 16 miles over. Today only 9 over but I bet 95%. They got on me about it, and it was because I just think too much. I offered to be 100%, if you would like me to miss commercial that was suppose to be fixed and now the Orion team is gone. And I am driving a truck with 400k, smokes like a steam engine, Only diesel, and it goes 0-35, in like 3.5 hours. Finally my truck which has been in the shop for 2.5 months was back in my spot today. It had a rear door that UPS did not have the money to fix, suddenly it is fixed.

I remember the olden days when customers mattered.
And to top it off I am on the 9.5 list, and I have been using my 2 hr hour requests per month diligently, and the last two, always on Friday. Always 70 + air for two businesses.

We have had one driver fired, we think for retaliation for 9.5 grievances, but I dont know the whole story yet.There are always two sides to a story.

Every Wednesday, I get asked, can you get in under 9.5? Because I already had two I might be 9.49, but I am under. Which is all I really wanted. And I told them I never had a problem with 730, I have a problem with 9pm.

The days of cutting routes and throwing the crap on me is over. At least 3 days a week.

So our contract language has seemed to work for me, but mostly the advice of a few of my dear friends on here, and growing a set where one was never meant to grow.
fantastic!!!!!keep on keeping on and it will just get better

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are in the Central Region, yes?
Yes I am, North Ohio
Sorry Tooner, I fell asleep in the recliner (again) before we could finish our conversation last night.
The Central Region Supplement contains differing language on 8 hour requests that supersedes the language in the National Master.
This language is contained in Article 19 Section 3 and has been grieved numerous times for interpretation, dating back to 1979.
In a Letter of Interpretation dated May of 1980, it was determined that:
In the absence of extenuating circumstances, an employee who exercises this provision in excess of 3 times in a month shall be considered as abusing this provision.
As always, check with your steward and or business agent as to the viability of this language in regards to any local agreements or past practices.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
At my specific location, (Central Region), You get 3 8hr days. After you have used your 3, you can get more granted as long as it does not bump anyone. No where in the language does it set a limit on 8hr requests. The language Bubblehead quoted has been interpreted in JAC decisions to work as I have said above.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sorry Tooner, I fell asleep in the recliner (again) before we could finish our conversation last night.
The Central Region Supplement contains differing language on 8 hour requests that supersedes the language in the National Master.
This language is contained in Article 19 Section 3 and has been grieved numerous times for interpretation, dating back to 1979.
In a Letter of Interpretation dated May of 1980, it was determined that:
In the absence of extenuating circumstances, an employee who exercises this provision in excess of 3 times in a month shall be considered as abusing this provision.
As always, check with your steward and or business agent as to the viability of this language in regards to any local agreements or past practices.

Don't forget the decision....

That allows you to bring back work.... to meet your "approved" 8-hr request. :biggrin:

At my specific location, (Central Region), You get 3 8hr days. After you have used your 3, you can get more granted as long as it does not bump anyone. No where in the language does it set a limit on 8hr requests. The language Bubblehead quoted has been interpreted in JAC decisions to work as I have said above.

In the Central....

You could get an 8-hr request everyday, if no one else is requesting them.

Once you have had your 3.... you can't exercise your seniority to bump someone.

The other misconception, is about drivers in the same "loop" having 8-hr request on the same day.

It can be done.... if the 10% minimum is not met.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Don't forget the decision....

That allows you to bring back work.... to meet your "approved" 8-hr request. :biggrin:

In the Central....

You could get an 8-hr request everyday, if no one else is requesting them.

Once you have had your 3.... you can't exercise your seniority to bump someone.

The other misconception, is about drivers in the same "loop" having 8-hr request on the same day.

It can be done.... if the 10% minimum is not met.

-Bug-

That's how I read it...and exercise it.
Every time I get a new management team in my center they get educated the hard way.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ah, warning letter issued to driver for not being at 1st stop within Orion's 15 minute window...
God, I would love it if they would try that crap with me.

The comedic value alone would be priceless, plus all the easy overtime from sitting in meetings listening to them babble.