Orion, does it work and if not? Why?

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I work in a center that is all city with every other street a one way. I'm sure Orion will be effective. The building ate about 2k pieces today, and it's supposed to snow the next 3-4 days, $$$$!

image.jpg

By The Book

I am wanting to get as many opinions as possible on the Orion system. It seems that everyone I talk to claims that it doesn't work. I am hearing it reduces miles but increases overtime. If this is true then why is this system being implemented? Please, all opinions are welcome. I just am trying to get a true concensus.
I think with Orion you have to just buy into it for your own sanity, at least in my case this is true. Conceptually it's a good idea that was implemented very fast without, you guessed it, driver input. It works about 85% of the time in my opinion. If your route allows you to follow Orion with a high trace percentage the truck should be loaded that way. I think whoever sold the higher ups this program got one over on them. It will need to be improved and tweaked on a route by route basis to render the results our management teams are now being told to hold us accountable to. We just keep showing up to lower your backs or your trace percentage isn't good enough but they won't put in the work.

Overpaid Union Thug

ORION has done nothing in my center but "save" $2/hr in fuel at the expense of paying a driver $50/hr. The trick (which is to lie) is to keep the latter from reaching the ears of the stock holders. I have never seen such nonsense in my life.

Irishman Collins

But you already lost spanky. You are only the winner in your own mind.

You are somebody in your own mind and on this site. In the real world I'm somebody in both. And you can't take it. You are the smartest guy in a room by yourself. Maybe someday we will get the chance to meet face to face. I won't punk you I'll talk to you like a man. You seem like one of those guys that like to tell on someone or call the cops because you think one thing or the other. Our styles are different and I don't tell you what you want to hear.

I do appreciate that you remain anonymous. I think it suites you. I don't feel bad that you feel threatened by me because I think you feel threatened by just about everyone.
I don't feel threatened by you. I feel sorry for you. I have forgotten more about labor law and Union contracts than you will ever know. As far as ratting people out. I live by masonic code and the " Old" Teamster ways of brotherhood. I don't expect you to understand any of this, especially the masonic code part. You are outmatched on this group. I think you should try the bass fishing cafe. Lol

Inthegame

I don't feel threatened by you. I feel sorry for you. I have forgotten more about labor law and Union contracts than you will ever know. As far as ratting people out. I live by masonic code and the " Old" Teamster ways of brotherhood. I don't expect you to understand any of this, especially the masonic code part. You are outmatched on this group. I think you should try the bass fishing cafe. Lol
I'm going have to buy both youse guys some beer...and Bubble.

Irishman Collins

And as far as your Masonic code you are a dork. We are teamsters and nobody would care one bit about your crap. You arent a Freemason. You were a washed out business agent and a ups driver. Don't ever forget this. Lol
What the hell are you talking about? You sure are one funny fellow. I have never been a business agent. An officer but never an agent. You are starting to remind me of Bojangles. Is that you? If so, why would you change your name? I'll tell you what, since you and "Bojangles" are trying to always figure out who I am I'll give you some real clues. First, my roots are from Appalachia, Second I live where only the finest of Irish live, Third, I play the banjo like no body's business. I hope all that keeps you up at night because those are real facts. Goodluck!

Ron Carey lives on

"ORION" is very simple. Ups wants a "unskilled" workforce. A unskilled workforce is a replaceable workforce. I have been there long enough to other money saving ideas like " remote delivery" or the "trace or EDD" its all putting all resonsibility on the drivers. Our mom and pop businesses will suffer and year later they will be pushing sales leads, its the same ole song and dance with Ups. Jump over a dollar to save a quarter

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have been told this April for Orion. But like Upstate. I see it being pushed back another yr. Only because they can. I will be 100%. I'm. Not paid to think for them any longer. I really can't wait.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have been told this April for Orion. But like Upstate. I see it being pushed back another yr. Only because they can. I will be 100%. I'm. Not paid to think for them any longer. I really can't wait.

Unless you are one of those overtime junkies you will hate ORION. Its a mess we have people having to unload half their truck in parking lots and residential streets in order to find their next stop. Then backing in driveways throughout the day. Paid day is through the roof. That's good for people that don't care about safety, are in debt, or don't have families at home. It's bad for the rest of us.