Orion Forcing

moldsporh

I would always run my airs in the resis first and then start airs in my business, finishing business after all my airs are delivered.. ...as.most drivers do.

Orion has me start in my business, drive past my first air, for my first stop, then come back to the air I just passed, then into my resis for airs, then back to my business.

This is what the people who have never run a route, have planned for us and we have to abide.

Ok.

I tried to save you money doing it my way, save you miles, get done sooner,....etc.

The designers may think they are saving miles and money, but that's in a perfect world....in the real world there is traffic, traffic controls, school dismissals, orion I believe works as if we are living during a zombie apocalypse. ..no traffic or other vehices on the road.

Who knows, whatever makes them happy, obviously not the customer.

MC0493

Word from the center manager this week at the pcm is that 95% orion trace will soon be required. That caused quite an uproar and i think even he knows it's not possible. I'd say no they can't force you to look at the orion computer before start time. Anytime our ba's are in the building they always ask why guys are working off the clock (looking at the computer). I'm always guilty of it but i'm a split driver and look so i'm atleast somewhat prepared for the day.

Usually i just use it to see how many stops/pieces, how many air stops and where they are and what areas are on the route i'm doing that day and what retarded first stop orion has selected for the day.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Almost forgot about ORION. In our center it's like the forgotten feature. Haven't heard a word about it for at least half a year now. Good riddance. Getting EDD and immediately switching to RDO is part of my routine now, it's automatic.

Ghost in the Darkness

I am occasionally curious to see what their miles were for the day on my route. I barely have time to glance at the computer before they start yelling at me about being at their pcm. I don't show up early. All in all I really don't care about their numbers, or UPS in general for that matter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Word from the center manager this week at the pcm is that 95% orion trace will soon be required. That caused quite an uproar and i think even he knows it's not possible. I'd say no they can't force you to look at the orion computer before start time. Anytime our ba's are in the building they always ask why guys are working off the clock (looking at the computer). I'm always guilty of it but i'm a split driver and look so i'm atleast somewhat prepared for the day.

Usually i just use it to see how many stops/pieces, how many air stops and where they are and what areas are on the route i'm doing that day and what retarded first stop orion has selected for the day.

Don't work for free. It's that simple.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our PDS pulled me aside yesterday and told me that he made a slight tweak to my EDD that which should allow me to go directly to my first stop (Walmart) rather than making delivery attempts at businesses within that complex which are not open until 10 am. He simply changed one "street" (travel lane) from two way to one way, thus forcing Orion to send me to Walmart first and then to these other businesses. The change worked and should get them off my back in regard to this Orion first stop nonsense.

I did take a moment to look at the computer and it did confirm the change had been made.

barnyard

KTM rider
Word from the center manager this week at the pcm is that 95% orion trace will soon be required.

Most weeks, that is about what I run. I am a cut driver and rather than guess about how much I will get done with NDA and what gets done, I run it their way. If I am under 90%, most of the time, it is because I ran an area backwards.
1 day, I ran the 1st half of my day correctly and the 2nd half was backwards. Scrolled to the bottom and worked my way up. It was a thing of beauty. My percentage was under 50, but my mileage was on the mark.

Ghost in the Darkness

I did take a moment to look at the computer and it did confirm the change had been made.

Here thats good for like 3 days, then back to screwed up again. I have a bulk stop that has been RDL for years all the sudden is loaded in the 3000 section. I ask them to move it back. 3 or 4 days later it has 25 pieces loaded in the 3000 section again for a dock stop. Can't get through the truck at that point so I have to be the special needs guy who pulls up passenger door to the dock to unload.

JackStraw

Had the same thing happen to me. Only took about six months to clear it up. That's cause they have 100 plans for the routes and have to change EVERY one to make a change like that. So I had to deliver a dock delivery out of the 1000 sec every once in a while. I think they have to get approval from Atlanta for some things.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Had the same thing happen to me. Only took about six months to clear it up. That's cause they have 100 plans for the routes and have to change EVERY one to make a change like that. So I had to deliver a dock delivery out of the 1000 sec every once in a while. I think they have to get approval from Atlanta for some things.

This is yet ANOTHER stupid time waster. There is not a single day that it makes sense to load my RDR stop anywhere else. Yet I have to scream at the dispatch person every time they have the RDR bulk stop assigned to section 4803 or some random :censored2: location in the truck. Like you guys said, wasting all kinds of time trying to deliver a bulk stop out of the front door to a dock. I understand they have different plans for different days but what makes them choose to put a RDR stop anywhere else?

barnyard

KTM rider
I ran a route 2 weeks ago that had 2 stops mixed together for RDR. WTF.

The thing I do not understand... We have 8 sections, every stop should be able to have their own unique HIN. It is stupid to have a resi stop with 18 pieces and 4 other stops on the same street with the same HIN. I do not know of anyone that goes out with over 9000 stops, which is what it would take to run out of HINs for a load.