Our UPS Teamster negotiating team...what are their qualifications?

Hroller

The labor agent that has been visiting our center and pushing hard for the yes vote....had a conversation with me.
I asked him "what are your qualifications to negotiate a multi-billion dollar contract with professional business people?"
His answer...…"I was driver....I was a union steward"

WOW.

My thoughts...."you sure have a high opinion of yourself"

F

Frankie's Friend

The labor agent that has been visiting our center and pushing hard for the yes vote....had a conversation with me.
I asked him "what are your qualifications to negotiate a multi-billion dollar contract with professional business people?"

WOW.

@BigUnionGuy. Please help with this.

542thruNthru

WOW.

Many, many people are part of the negotiations including lawyers. You want local officials in the negotiations because they are closer to us and know the issues better. I'm not saying they are all qualified but trust me your BA is not personally negotiating this contract.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Many, many people are part of the negotiations including lawyers. You want local officials in the negotiations because they are closer to us and know the issues better. I'm not saying they are all qualified but trust me your BA is not personally negotiating this contract.

The BA would have served the OP better by taking two minutes to explain the process.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

WOW.

IOW they admit to failing at life and falling back on working for the union. I don't think that is a high opinion. :D

F

Frankie's Friend

"I was elected into office.... And you weren't."
Lol. Thank you for explaining the qualifications someone has to negotiating cbas.
It's always touted and asked here:

"So what makes you qualified to negotiate a contract?".

Now we have it. That explains a lot.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

"Professional Business People" is absurd.

The company negotiators are UPS labor managers. The same ones that used to be

hub supervisors, center mangers, feeder managers, etc.... that were just promoted

to work in the labor dept. All their names are listed in the back of the contract.

-Bug-

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
"what are your qualifications to negotiate a multi-billion dollar contract with professional business people?"

My name is Dennis Taylor, UPS Negotiator, Damn It!!! Stop digging on my credentials!:nervoussmiley:
:shutupsmiley:,Punk!:kickedoutsmile:

Taylor-news_FB.jpg

homeschooler-club-300x216.png
hs-the-high-school-yrs-graphic.jpg

browned out

The negotiating team did very little. Some of them were kicked out when they tried to inform the members of major changes in wages and working conditions.

It was Taylor and UPS. The concession stand was open and Taylor used our money to pay for concessions. Taylor has us a voting for a paycut.

F

Frankie's Friend

"Professional Business People" is absurd.

The company negotiators are UPS labor managers. The same ones that used to be

hub supervisors, center mangers, feeder managers, etc.... that were just promoted

to work in the labor dept. All their names are listed in the back of the contract.

-Bug-
Many are less than professional.
Pompous liars at times and over bearing.
They're not there to bring justice but to protect the (glass) shield.

Inthegame

IOW they admit to failing at life and falling back on working for the union. I don't think that is a high opinion. :D
So how is being a driver and a steward "failing at life". Or are you saying getting elected (by ones peers) to represent others interests is "failing"?

But then again pardon me for questioning your experience with failure, it seems a subject you've mastered.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So how is being a driver and a steward "failing at life". Or are you saying getting elected (by ones peers) to represent others interests is "failing"?

But then again pardon me for questioning your experience with failure, it seems a subject you've mastered.
There is nothing "cool" about living either one.