Turdferguson

Just a turd
Doesn't say they saw the beginning of the altercation.
Here is the whole statement from them.

As part of our preparation for a story about Thursday's special election to air on "Special Report with Bret Baier," we arranged interviews with the top two candidates, Republican Greg Gianforte and Democrat Rob Quist. On Wednesday, I joined field producer Faith Mangan and photographer Keith Railey in Bozeman for our scheduled interview with Gianforte, which was to take place at the Gianforte for Congress Bozeman Headquarters.

Faith, Keith and I arrived early to set up for the interview in a room adjacent to another room where a volunteer BBQ was to take place. As the time for the interview neared, Gianforte came into the room. We exchanged pleasantries and made small talk about restaurants and Bozeman.

During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if him if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act. Gianforte told him he would get to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of "I'm sick and tired of this!"

They seem to have witnessed the entire thing

newfie

Here is a quote from them .
At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of "I'm sick and tired of this!"

and? like I said I'm sure they saw the event once punches flew, I'm not sure they saw the provocation that lead up to it.

I can assume that congressman does not have a prior record of assault or he would not be able to run. the verbage on the tape shows a moment of calm by the congressman followed by his sudden escalation . what happened that triggered him so quickly.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here is the whole statement from them.

As part of our preparation for a story about Thursday's special election to air on "Special Report with Bret Baier," we arranged interviews with the top two candidates, Republican Greg Gianforte and Democrat Rob Quist. On Wednesday, I joined field producer Faith Mangan and photographer Keith Railey in Bozeman for our scheduled interview with Gianforte, which was to take place at the Gianforte for Congress Bozeman Headquarters.

Faith, Keith and I arrived early to set up for the interview in a room adjacent to another room where a volunteer BBQ was to take place. As the time for the interview neared, Gianforte came into the room. We exchanged pleasantries and made small talk about restaurants and Bozeman.

During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if him if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act. Gianforte told him he would get to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.

They seem to have witnessed the entire thing

Its a shame they didn't have the cameras rolling. Or were they still getting set up?

newfie

Its a shame they didn't have the cameras rolling. Or were they still getting set up?

listening to the tape it you hear the congressman suddenly raise his voice and make a comment to the affect that this is the second time you guys have done this to me. I would love to know what that something was this reporter did.

that something is not in the fox reporters statement which tells me they didn't see the original provocation.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
and? like I said I'm sure they saw the event once punches flew, I'm not sure they saw the provocation that lead up to it.

I can assume that congressman does not have a prior record of assault or he would not be able to run. the verbage on the tape shows a moment of calm by the congressman followed by his sudden escalation . what happened that triggered him so quickly.

I cut it down so you didn't have to read too many words.
As the time for the interview neared, Gianforte came into the room. We exchanged pleasantries and made small talk about restaurants and Bozeman.

During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if him if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act.

oldngray

nowhere special
listening to the tape it you hear the congressman suddenly raise his voice and make a comment to the affect that this is the second time you guys have done this to me. I would love to know what that something was this reporter did.

So far the reports have mostly just been one side of the story.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

that something is not in the fox reporters statement which tells me they didn't see the original provocation.

He is talking about the Gaurdian news organization not him specifically

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Fox is one channel . MSM is controlled by the liberals. and fox is losing the ratings war too. you need an update on the landscape. Its predomintated by the liberals.
What even is MSM? The nightly news shows nobody watches anymore? The newspapers nobody reads anymore?

The world is loaded with echo chambers that you can lock yourself into now. Yelling MSM is leftist while sticking your fingers in your ears doesn't make it true.

newfie

I cut it down so you didn't have to read too many words.

yea I appreciate that , I've been listening to the story all day. I didn't need you to help me. You libs always act like you are the only ones that have it figured out.
You realize there may be another side to this story we have not heard.
you realize being a fox reporter does not mean those reporters had to swear an oath of loyalty to the conservative cause?
with any event you can have 10 witnesses and they will describe it 10 different ways.

newfie

What even is MSM? The nightly news shows nobody watches anymore? The newspapers nobody reads anymore?

The world is loaded with echo chambers that you can lock yourself into now. Yelling MSM is leftist while sticking your fingers in your ears doesn't make it true.

dude you're embarrassing yourself right now. the MSM is kicking our ass totally controlling the media that most people in this country expose theirselves to and you think Fox is some lighthouse in the fog.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
yea I appreciate that , I've been listening to the story all day. I didn't need you to help me. You libs always act like you are the only ones that have it figured out.
You realize there may be another side to this story we have not heard.
you realize being a fox reporter does not mean those reporters had to swear an oath of loyalty to the conservative cause?
with any event you can have 10 witnesses and they will describe it 10 different ways.

But in this instance there are only three witnesses, who weren't involved. And they seem pretty consistent ,and what they say it seems to back up what's on the tape

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
dude you're embarrassing yourself right now. the MSM is kicking our ass totally controlling the media that most people in this country expose theirselves to and you think Fox is some lighthouse in the fog.
You couldn't define MSM and I'm the one who should be embarrassed. K.

newfie

But in this instance there are only three witnesses, who weren't involved. And they seem pretty consistent and what they say. It seems to back up what's on the tape

so you hope, I know its important to you to find one republican to counter all the George Soro's financed violence.