542thruNthru

Now I get it why I see so many og's working inside
Our accrual rate went up as well.
WCTPT_Employer_Chairman_Letter_2021.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Our accrual rate went up as well.
View attachment 347776

The big difference between a “Monetary Contribution Pension Plan” and a “Defined Pension Plan” is that it increases benefits according to it’s investment returns and individual monetary contributions.

A “Defined Pension Plan” only pays what is negotiated, it never changes or improves.

The Western Conferences’ pension plans are being fueled by the individual monetary contributions listed in Article 34, whereas those under the IBT/ UPS and the UPS Pension Plan for part timers are not.

DELACROIX

Heard it in this video. The same guy that's standing next to Fred in your picture.

In the video there was a comparison between the Denver and the Peer 80 pension plans...

Stating that a 20 year full timer could retire with 3,500 in the Denver local..Peer 80 would get 6,000..

Now compare those totals to what a 20 year full timer would be eligible for in the IBT/UPS Pension Plan :

2,000 with 25 years at any age...a 20 year service pension was not listed... using the 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65 ...a 50 year old would collect less than 200 dollars a month if they were forced to retire.

Somebody correct me on those totals if I am wrong...

DELACROIX

Those numbers are true if you started today and worked 20 years.

The IBT/UPS 20 year formula still will apply, unless there are negotiation improvements in the future.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
............ His concern is that Steve V is Hoffa and at the slim chance may take away 705/710 right to negotiate their own contract separate from the rest of us. I don't even know if that's possible or if it's something simple and easy to do.
BUMP
@542thruNthru , sorry for the delay in responding to this. It is possible under the IBT constitution, and was done to freight bargaining units in four Locals (179, 673, 705, & 710). Their autonomy was revoked by the IBT, and "merged" (the term used in the contracts) into Central Region Supplements. In 2009 under NMFA (YRC & Holland), and it looks like in 2013 for ABF. Link to Freight Division page, you can click thru to Supplements For ABF see Art.69 page 233, YRC/Holland Local Cartage Art.64 pg.9, Over-the-Road Art.69 pg.10

I'm not going to search for/link to/copy & paste the language in the IBT Constitution, but rest assured it didn't go unchallenged. JRH respected the vote of the members back when the NMFA was formed, it was JPH (and his General Executive Board) who decided to dilute these members' negotiating/voting power.

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru , sorry for the delay in responding to this. It is possible under the IBT constitution, and was done to freight bargaining units in four Locals (179, 673, 705, & 710). Their autonomy was revoked by the IBT, and "merged" (the term used in the contracts) into Central Region Supplements. In 2009 under NMFA (YRC & Holland), and it looks like in 2013 for ABF. Link to Freight Division page, you can click thru to Supplements For ABF see Art.69 page 233, YRC/Holland Local Cartage Supp Art.64 pg.9, Over-the-Road Art.69 pg.10

I'm not going to search for/link to/copy & paste the language in the IBT Constitution, but rest assured it didn't go unchallenged. JRH respected the vote of the members back when the NMFA was formed, it was JPH (and his General Executive Board) who decided to dilute these members' negotiating/voting power.
Thank you for that information and I can see the concern. I don't know much about the process. Is it that easy to just take that right away? I'll have to look in the constitution and see how it works.

Is your feeling also that Vairma would perhaps do this?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Is your feeling also that Vairma would perhaps do this?
I haven't formed an opinion on that yet. Just looked to see when SV & RH joined the GEB. It appears they came on board in 2011, so they weren't there for the YRC/Holland concessions, but were there for ABF? And other than them responding to direct questions about it during this campaign, I'd probably be limited to hearsay about what went on behind closed doors.

542thruNthru

So don't everyone jump down my throat on this...

This is going around my building and because I don't know much about the Boston Herald. Like if they are anti-union or something I'm reaching out to people on here to see if there is another side to the story. I've also looked it up on Google and didn't find too much other information. I know we have local 25 people on here that may know more.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Considering what at-large VP candidate JW just did to our members, I wouldn't vote for OZ slate if you're a Feeder driver.

Attachments

• Wright Verdugo Denied.jpg
    Wright Verdugo Denied.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 55

cachmeifucan

I don't know. I'm still a little torn. Part of me would like to see OZ win and see if the members will actually stand with them especially if they really are going to attempt to remove 22.4s and get PTers a living wage. Because as I'm sure most of us know UPS will not agree to that with out really going to war with them. As much as members like to act like they want a strike or are ready for one. I think when it becomes real we'll see what we're really made of and we won't like what we see.

Part of me wants a more "militant" union like OZ is talking about but part of me doesn't want it. Personally I believe a lot of their campaign promises are just talk but I could be wrong.

Teamster Power Slate has a lot of good people on it in my opinion. Problem is they could turn out to be the same old story we've had for a long time. This in my opinion is a good and bad thing. Good because we all continue to prosper as we have (some may disagree with me on that.). Bad because we may get the same no balls union that allows companies a little too much wiggle room that the members suffer for.

I'm still leaning towards Teamster Power Slate because I don't believe OZ is really what they say they are. I also think Sean is great teamster but a hot head and will cause more problems then solve them.

I see OZ winning and I see a uncertain future ahead of us. Members are going to be forced to get involved and I don't think it's going to make us feel as strong and united as we think we are when we see which was they lean towards.
Ask yourself this then would ups be more scared of the threat of a strike coming from sean or from Steve. I think we all know. Gigot t on this side of the fence.