Oz vs Vairma

542thruNthru

Ask yourself this then would ups be more scared of the threat of a strike coming from sean or from Steve. I think we all know. Gigot t on this side of the fence.
Personally The candidate who's more willing to put me on strike is not a big seller for me. That's different for others I'm sure and that's fine. It's their vote.

I also honestly don't think UPS is scared of either slate. In the end it comes down to the members. I'm sure UPS knows we don't need 2/3 rule anymore and that strike benefits start on day one now. They also know that many members don't vote and may not even support a strike. Like I said in that post. I don't think we are going to be happy when we see how united we actually are when it comes to standing up to the company in solidarity.

I hope Im wrong though.

nWo

A strike should be absolute last resort. And I don't think either side wants one. You really think Sean is willing to lose out on union dues to strike?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
A strike should be absolute last resort. And I don't think either side wants one. You really think Sean is willing to lose out on union dues to strike?

How would he lose out on union dues?

There will no strike...as soon as the company finds out who they will be dealing with they will start early negotiations. I expect a deal will be done before January 2023...they settled the 2008 contract eight months before the deadline.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
So it looks like the union filed and lost. Im sure they will try again if possible. What did he do wrong.
What did he do wrong?
JW sided with the Company to deny 150 clear-cut local subcontracting grievances worth over $58,000 to my members in a precedent setting decision that gives the Company license to use subcontractors basically at-will to the detriment of hundreds of drivers on the Feeder list.
That's all.

The obvious and typical action on these types of grievances is to deadlock to arbitration.

But if Teamster jobs aren't important to you then hey, nothing to see here.

Attachments

• Wright Verdugo Denied.jpg
    Wright Verdugo Denied.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 59

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
There will no strike...as soon as the company finds out who they will be dealing with they will start early negotiations. I expect a deal will be done before January 2023...they settled the 2008 contract eight months before the deadline.
That was due to IRS deadlines regarding actualizing out retiree benefits. They won't even meet before January.

DELACROIX

That was due to IRS deadlines regarding actualizing out retiree benefits. They won't even meet before January.

Could be right...just saying the conditions are there for an early settlement of the 2023 contract. This whole COVID pandemic will be the driving force for negotiating committees on both sides, by 2023 that twenty dollars an hour starting quote from the OZ slate will be very obtainable. Currently UPS can not get quality new hires to fill their positions, that and new leadership on both sides who are looking at their futures s and would benefit from a win/win scenario.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What did he do wrong?
JW sided with the Company to deny 150 clear-cut local subcontracting grievances worth over $58,000 to my members in a precedent setting decision that gives the Company license to use subcontractors basically at-will to the detriment of hundreds of drivers on the Feeder list.
That's all.

The obvious and typical action on these types of grievances is to deadlock to arbitration.

But if Teamster jobs aren't important to you then hey, nothing to see here.
Sounds like your BA screwed up the case "based on the facts presented" (which doesn't set a precedence, btw).

Screenshot_20210828-092737_Chrome.jpg

Are you really that ignorant of the process?

542thruNthru

I was talking to a sleeper team driver. He was saying ron h is in charge of the language regarding the sleepee teams and he said he wasn't impressed. He was voting oz
Have never heard that. Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but sleeper team language is in the national master agreement.

If Ron's to blame then everyone is to blame on both slates I'd guess.
Green(Power Slate) Yellow (OZ)
Screenshot_20210828-174006_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

DELACROIX

Have never heard that. Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but sleeper team language is in the national master agreement.

If Ron's to blame then everyone is to blame on both slates I'd guess.
Green(Power Slate) Yellow (OZ)

"Trevor Lawrence" was on the negotiating committee...When could he find the time? 🏈

RealTeamsters63

Oz is one of those take all the credit and deflect all the blame guys. I've never seen someone pat himself on the back more than he does. He will say whatever he needs to say to get the job. Does he want to make things better for us? Yes, but he is primarily after the clout.
you must be talking about Ronnie in Local 396