P/T Sups running the show?

M

mojobuc

Is this a common theme throughout UPS, or just in our little center?

Even though I have been a sup 1.5 years, my overall tenure here is only 2.5 years, and this seems odd to me. Seems there should always be a friend/ter on duty, in case there is a serious issue, not to mention any questions us lowly, know nothing p/ter may have.

The preload friend/Ter is on vacation, the center manager usually shows up around an hour or so after we start, and the rest of the friend/ter show up near 7am, to slow things down by stopping the belt and screw up the day by rearrainging loads.
then of course ask me why we are not out until near 9am?

Also, is it written somewhere and no one has told me, that the higher up you get, the less responsibility you have to take?
Just say a p/t sup screwed up ?

Unless of course a p/t sup gets info from Brown Cafe posters to document/print everything to cover his bases.

I hope I make it to my vacation in 4 weeks.

T

trickpony1

The higher up one gets the more people below him/her to cast blame upon.
It's called the "trickle down" effect.
It's also refered to as something that rolls downhill.

M

mojobuc

and lucky me, I am at the bottom.

yea.

actually, I think i may have thrown some at the fan instead. I got blamed for something, BUT had the documented proof it wasn't I.

center manager made copies and is to get back to me.

What about the p/t sups only to run the preload, normal?

T

toonertoo

BEEN THERE DONE THAT. YOU WILL GET ALL OF THE STUFF THAT RUNS DOWNHILL, NONE OF THE PRAISE. I THINK i TOLD YOU THAT WHEN YOU WENT INTO PT MGMT. SAD BUT TRUE