ZetaTheCoyote

I've been perusing the forums for a while now and I keep reading that the P-sup position only seems worthwhile if you're IN college looking to get a degree. Here's the catch for me though: I already HAVE a BA in History. Which I can't find a job with so now I'm stuck here (and I hate wording it like that. I don't really feel "stuck" but it is frustrating that I am not able to do what I have dreamed of doing. UPS is second best though). So with all that in consideration, being that I WANT this to be my career since my degree isn't getting me anything, should I bite the bullet and continue with being a part-time handler and let the opportunities naturally come? Or should I go on and take the P-sup tests?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've been perusing the forums for a while now and I keep reading that the P-sup position only seems worthwhile if you're IN college looking to get a degree. Here's the catch for me though: I already HAVE a BA in History. Which I can't find a job with so now I'm stuck here (and I hate wording it like that. I don't really feel "stuck" but it is frustrating that I am not able to do what I have dreamed of doing. UPS is second best though). So with all that in consideration, being that I WANT this to be my career since my degree isn't getting me anything, should I bite the bullet and continue with being a part-time handler and let the opportunities naturally come? Or should I go on and take the P-sup tests?
If you ever want to drive then stick it out, Once you go management it's very unlikely you'll be anything else.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Ok I don’t know why but, I gotta ask

What is it you have dreamed and longed to do with your life

jaker

trolling
I mainly studied military history and wanted to do museum or military analyst work. Both of those seemingly require an MA and I do not want to go back to school after four years wore me out.
Sorry to go off topic , my son majors in American history and I was wondering do you know how the job market for that is

ZetaTheCoyote

Sorry to go off topic , my son majors in American history and I was wondering do you know how the job market for that is

Probably National Park Service or museum work, that's the first thing that comes to mind. ALthough an MA seems to be the only way to get any job in History, which is my predicament.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why not go military? Military history could help if you want to be a commissioned officer. And if you did want to pursue a Masters, military benefits could help pay for it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Probably National Park Service or museum work, that's the first thing that comes to mind. ALthough an MA seems to be the only way to get any job in History, which is my predicament.

With the pay for park service and museum work you should be able to repay your student loans by 2075. With UPS I would give it until 2099