PT Car Washer

How many part time sup have been at that job for years and not moved up to full time?
I have seen a lot of career PT sups. Some are mothers that take care of their children or grand children and some that have a good FT or PT job. A lot were happier staying PT then going FT. Consider that.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I am unsure, but I see a lot of them out and about on the floor. Dozens, probably. They all look about my age (20's).
If you don't have a skill set that can be an advantage to UPS from a management perspective or in another field at UPS then you will be stuck as a part time sup for your career there.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I did not. Definitely not cut out for that as I'm just a bumbling fool when trying to lecture as a professor would.

That's too bad. MilHist was one of the many classes I wanted to explore but there were no schools close to where I wanted to go offering it.

ZetaTheCoyote

If you don't have a skill set that can be an advantage to UPS from a management perspective or in another field at UPS then you will be stuck as a part time sup for your career there.

Well I do see myself as having skill sets that are applicable to a multitude of jobs at UPS. If I got P-sup would those opportunities still present themselves?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I've been perusing the forums for a while now and I keep reading that the P-sup position only seems worthwhile if you're IN college looking to get a degree. Here's the catch for me though: I already HAVE a BA in History. Which I can't find a job with so now I'm stuck here (and I hate wording it like that. I don't really feel "stuck" but it is frustrating that I am not able to do what I have dreamed of doing. UPS is second best though). So with all that in consideration, being that I WANT this to be my career since my degree isn't getting me anything, should I bite the bullet and continue with being a part-time handler and let the opportunities naturally come? Or should I go on and take the P-sup tests?
use the search function. this question has been asked dozens of times and the general consensus from BC is 95% stay union.

if it were me, I would teach History. Love U.S. History.

bumped

I believe you should stay part time and wait your turn to become a driver. Then, if you want to become a full time sup it would be much easier to transfer.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well I do see myself as having skill sets that are applicable to a multitude of jobs at UPS. If I got P-sup would those opportunities still present themselves?
If I'm not mistaken they have a management development program. If you do the work, make your numbers look good, get a couple harassment grievances under your belt, you'll be golden.