Packages loaded incorrectly causing missed service.

AlliSeeisBrown

Been noticing some serious load quality issues lately. For example 2000 pals being mixed in with 8000 shelf...I will go attempt service, deliver what I have for the business and go searching for that last one. Finally call it quits and keep it moving. Later on while delivering residentials, they'll just start popping up. Of course it's after 5 and the business is closed. We are told to call management if there are service issues. Called and asked if they wanted it sheeted missed and they won't give me any clear answer. They hesitate cause they want 0 missed everyday. So I'm not sure what they want me to do. Packages on car have to scanned one way or another.
I also refuse to stand in the back of that truck for even 10 minutes to search every shelf while it's scorching hot.

You don't have to sort your car everyday by 2 and check for savers and misloads? In our center all misloads need to be reported by 2pm. I have been through 5 loaders since january, the last 4 have all been brand new with only 15-30 minutes of training. Load quality is non existent and I was having a lot of the same issues as you. Now what I have to do is run straight air (nevermind trying to find the 1 or 2 other pkgs for theat stop), then very large irregs, then my rdc,rdr,rdl. I then park my car under a nice shaded area and rebuild the entire load, it takes me about 45 minutes. I then go back and deliver the rear door pkgs I couldn't find when i was there because they were up by the bulkhead door or in the 4k are etc. I'm now averaging about 1.5-2 hrs more daily because our on roads won't effectively work with preload supes to get anything fixed. I do have a lot of bulky stops between hotels, resorts and theme park warehouses. With a good loader I can get get all the bulk off with my air and not have to go back to those stops.

GenericUsername

In our center, every package gets scanned. But to the point about the load, make sure at the end of the day you do the load quality in the diad. I also have a tendency to message the center every time I find a package in a different shelf than where it's supposed to be. I also take a picture of the message before sending it to cover my own A.

Our load quality reports never get looked at. I write all sorts of messages on there and nothing has ever been said. On occasionally bad days i will write something extremely sarcastic that should elicit a talking to from management, but yet again nothing.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You don't have to sort your car everyday by 2 and check for savers and misloads? In our center all misloads need to be reported by 2pm. I have been through 5 loaders since january, the last 4 have all been brand new with only 15-30 minutes of training. Load quality is non existent and I was having a lot of the same issues as you. Now what I have to do is run straight air (nevermind trying to find the 1 or 2 other pkgs for theat stop), then very large irregs, then my rdc,rdr,rdl. I then park my car under a nice shaded area and rebuild the entire load, it takes me about 45 minutes. I then go back and deliver the rear door pkgs I couldn't find when i was there because they were up by the bulkhead door or in the 4k are etc. I'm now averaging about 1.5-2 hrs more daily because our on roads won't effectively work with preload supes to get anything fixed. I do have a lot of bulky stops between hotels, resorts and theme park warehouses. With a good loader I can get get all the bulk off with my air and not have to go back to those stops.
Five loaders since January? Haha I had five last week

GenericUsername

So if they're not paying attention to the load quality or the messages, just start shooting things as missed. After you sheet the package as missed, send in the message stating you found the package after the business was closed, sheeted as missed and it's due to load quality.

Or you know, check the back of the 8000 and 6000 shelf before leaving... sorting each section after the others are done, IE: sort 5000s after 1000s are worked, 6000s after 2000s are worked, so on and so forth.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
there are no effective and repeatable methods to decrease misloads

we keep trying to convince ourselves that there is, but there is zero data to back up any method will have an effect for more than a couple days

the fact is, people are just bad with reading and comprehension while they're working

the best way i've seen is to load by address, but that's incredibly inefficient; it's cheaper just to eat the missed pieces (not NDA) or have drivers run them if they're on-area

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
there are no effective and repeatable methods to decrease misloads

we keep trying to convince ourselves that there is, but there is zero data to back up any method will have an effect for more than a couple days

the fact is, people are just bad with reading and comprehension while they're working

the best way i've seen is to load by address, but that's incredibly inefficient; it's cheaper just to eat the missed pieces (not NDA) or have drivers run them if they're on-area
I ain't got one of them fancy engineering degrees but I do gots me a little common sense. The reason people are bad with reading and comprehension while they're working is because they're being pressured to work faster and loading too many trucks. It ain't rocket science.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How about do your job and go through your truck before businesses start to close?

I'm sorry, were you talking to the driver or the preloader.

Bad supervision or training isn't the driver's problem, it's management's problem. Just because the belt supervisor isn't training employees and loading/scanning stuff on the belt just to make a number on a report, that it means I have to make up for their inability to do their job. Is it reloads job to come out and meet me to grab my air because dispatch did a :censored2:ty job 12 hours ago?

Internal customer service is dead, this is the result, the buck stops at the external one, which the company has chosen doesn't matter anymore. Hopefully we get some corporate management that can see growing the business is about servicing the customers in a premium capacity instead of looking at the next earnings report guidance.

If we can service the customer above and beyond their expectations, we won't have to worry about money.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Been noticing some serious load quality issues lately. For example 2000 pals being mixed in with 8000 shelf...I will go attempt service, deliver what I have for the business and go searching for that last one. Finally call it quits and keep it moving. Later on while delivering residentials, they'll just start popping up. Of course it's after 5 and the business is closed. We are told to call management if there are service issues. Called and asked if they wanted it sheeted missed and they won't give me any clear answer. They hesitate cause they want 0 missed everyday. So I'm not sure what they want me to do. Packages on car have to scanned one way or another.
I also refuse to stand in the back of that truck for even 10 minutes to search every shelf while it's scorching hot.
You're supposed to check every package in your truck by 3pm....

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I ain't got one of them fancy engineering degrees but I do gots me a little common sense. The reason people are bad with reading and comprehension while they're working is because they're being pressured to work faster and loading too many trucks. It ain't rocket science.
wrong

if people work slower or less they get just as sloppy

there is a happy medium

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Work as directed.
Two conflicting directives, "we don't pay you to sort your truck" and "look through your load by 3pm". Can't tell drivers not to spend time looking for packages in the back of the truck and expect them to find something that may or may not be there at the same time.

Asking management to explain what they want is like looking at a deer in headlights. You've been here long enough to play the game, these new guys get stressed and make bad decisions based on expectations they can't control.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Now you sound like me ....good job