Packages loaded incorrectly causing missed service.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

there are no effective and repeatable methods to decrease misloads

we keep trying to convince ourselves that there is, but there is zero data to back up any method will have an effect for more than a couple days

the fact is, people are just bad with reading and comprehension while they're working

the best way i've seen is to load by address, but that's incredibly inefficient; it's cheaper just to eat the missed pieces (not NDA) or have drivers run them if they're on-area
Oh but there is a way to decrease misloads. More time, more employees, reasonable performance demands.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And who decides that, you?

it depends on the individual, it's not an IE thing at all

This is just me personally but when flow down the belt is reasonable, and management leaves me alone, I literally never misload. I'm in my own focused little world until the shift ends. I'm kind of OCD, and since I drive too take alot of pride in doing my best to send the driver out with a good day.

When flow is impossible to keep up with and requires me to stack and handle packages multiple times I'll have a misload or 4. When management hands me a 4 page cut at the very end in the middle of this and starts talking to me, knocking me out of focus, misloads happen while trying to keep up with the abomination coming down the belt and listen to their bull:censored2: how I shouldn't stack something like that.

Also the faster the flow, the slower I work. Safety first, with packages stacking up, I need to slow down to pay closer attention and where I'm stepping. Stacks get bigger and bigger

Misloads cost so much money I'd think a small incentive to avoid them would work out in the end but who knows.

1. no incentive would ever pay for itself in misload reduction

2. everyone misloads for different reasons, what works for you would almost certainly not work for many others, and vice versa

Oh but there is a way to decrease misloads. More time, more employees, reasonable performance demands.

prove it

i won't hold my breath

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

how long were you a loader?

p0avQNd.jpg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
it depends on the individual, it's not an IE thing at all

1. no incentive would ever pay for itself in misload reduction

2. everyone misloads for different reasons, what works for you would almost certainly not work for many others, and vice versa

I will say, the misload scanners seem to have cut back on misloads in a pretty big way.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
there are no effective and repeatable methods to decrease misloads

we keep trying to convince ourselves that there is, but there is zero data to back up any method will have an effect for more than a couple days

the fact is, people are just bad with reading and comprehension while they're working

the best way i've seen is to load by address, but that's incredibly inefficient; it's cheaper just to eat the missed pieces (not NDA) or have drivers run them if they're on-area

How about this genius

Slow the belt down

Have you studied how that works

SMH!!

And this guys a boss

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Excuse me for asking as I haven't drove package in a few years but, don't you verify your air count before you leave.

No. Mist of it is loaded in the truck.

It varies at our center. On Mondays all airs are already loaded but throughout the rest of the week, the air car arrives from the airport just a few minutes before driver start time so there's a mix of NDAs that came in on feeders which are already on the truck, and those that come in on the air car (mostly businesses). If the airs are 1000s (businesses) I'll check them right before I go, but if the rest of the airs are resi NDAs (which they were in this case), they're often scattered throughout different shelves.

They happened to be scattered on all the wrong shelves.
I'm guessing this is how things are at centers which aren't too far from a major airport.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
How about this genius

Slow the belt down

Have you studied how that works

SMH!!

And this guys a boss
slow the belt down, the primary jams up and you have a breakdown or package crush

simply lower production way down to compensate and the employees stop paying attention and zone out completely

do you even think through the :censored2: you say?

km3

slow the belt down, the primary jams up and you have a breakdown or package crush

That kind of thing only happens when one belt is getting completely blasted.

simply lower production way down to compensate and the employees stop paying attention and zone out completely

Already happening. Management isn't happy no matter what, so why try? Show up and get paid. That's all this place is.

km3

That kind of thing only happens when one belt is getting completely blasted.

My bad. I was talking about slowing down the primary belts. I work in a boxline building, not belt to car. Even so, I don't see why the primary couldn't be slowed in a belt to car building either, thus allowing you to slow the final belt down a bit.

Raw

Raw Member
Go through every pkg before 3pm ( you get paid for it, about 15 min ) , send in misload message then after your route or if you can sooner, deliver it! BINGO!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
My bad. I was talking about slowing down the primary belts. I work in a boxline building, not belt to car. Even so, I don't see why the primary couldn't be slowed in a belt to car building either, thus allowing you to slow the final belt down a bit.

the primary belts are set to a corporate PE speed; you'd have better luck negotiating a new contract in a day than getting that changed

StoptheAct1212

If you find a package in a area its not supposed to be... send it in as misload...
Either your going to get yelled at, or the problem may get fixxed..
Most likely you will get yelled at for sending in a misload of your own work... but frustrate us, let it be heard and on record