Packages loaded incorrectly causing missed service.

ManInBrown

I love the old, if you can't find an air make it your last one and tear the car apart. So many flaws in that logic. First off are you telling me to get to that last one, punch in the last 4 and then look for it? Because if that's not what you're telling me to do, what's the point of that? Isn't that falsifying? If I pull up at 10:29 how am I going to tear the car apart in 60 seconds and find it? I don't know about you guys and gals but everyday I'm doing my last air at 10:29. Pushed to the limit everyday. Like the areas are so tight that I could realize I'm missing one, go do all the rest and then come back to that one, and tear the car apart and find it. Gotta love it. Brain surgeons I tell ya

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I don't get why people can't take 15-20 minutes out of their day to sort the truck at some point before 2pm? On every route I ever covered I did this. Set the truck up stop for stop, find any businesses that were put on the wrong shelf, and find all the misroutes in one swoop.

Load quality is always gonna be :censored2:ty. With the things they have preloader doing they have no choice but to build crappy loads. With my car for instance it's a bulked out 1300 everyday. When the rear door bulk comes down the slide first they expect him to load it in there even though all the bulk for the front of the truck will have nowhere to go. And then on top of that then the bulky ass air pieces come down last when the truck is already packed. It's like an impossible job damn near.

ManInBrown

I don't get why people can't take 15-20 minutes out of their day to sort the truck at some point before 2pm? On every route I ever covered I did this. Set the truck up stop for stop, find any businesses that were put on the wrong shelf, and find all the misroutes in one swoop.

Load quality is always gonna be :censored2:ty. With the things they have preloader doing they have no choice but to build crappy loads. With my car for instance it's a bulked out 1300 everyday. When the rear door bulk comes down the slide first they expect him to load it in there even though all the bulk for the front of the truck will have nowhere to go. And then on top of that then the bulky ass air pieces come down last when the truck is already packed. It's like an impossible job damn near.

I have no problem with anyone taking 15-20 minutes setting the truck up. What I do have a problem with is someone doing it on lunch.

Over 70

Our center manager says to avoid doing it directly after a break or lunch just because his bosses will be like wtf is that idle time and it's harder to justify.

Viper

You don't have to sort your car everyday by 2 and check for savers and misloads? In our center all misloads need to be reported by 2pm. I have been through 5 loaders since january, the last 4 have all been brand new with only 15-30 minutes of training. Load quality is non existent and I was having a lot of the same issues as you. Now what I have to do is run straight air (nevermind trying to find the 1 or 2 other pkgs for theat stop), then very large irregs, then my rdc,rdr,rdl. I then park my car under a nice shaded area and rebuild the entire load, it takes me about 45 minutes. I then go back and deliver the rear door pkgs I couldn't find when i was there because they were up by the bulkhead door or in the 4k are etc. I'm now averaging about 1.5-2 hrs more daily because our on roads won't effectively work with preload supes to get anything fixed. I do have a lot of bulky stops between hotels, resorts and theme park warehouses. With a good loader I can get get all the bulk off with my air and not have to go back to those stops.

16 years in and I haven't taken 45 mins to go through a load since before PAS. Way too long

Viper

You don't have to sort your car everyday by 2 and check for savers and misloads? In our center all misloads need to be reported by 2pm. I have been through 5 loaders since january, the last 4 have all been brand new with only 15-30 minutes of training. Load quality is non existent and I was having a lot of the same issues as you. Now what I have to do is run straight air (nevermind trying to find the 1 or 2 other pkgs for theat stop), then very large irregs, then my rdc,rdr,rdl. I then park my car under a nice shaded area and rebuild the entire load, it takes me about 45 minutes. I then go back and deliver the rear door pkgs I couldn't find when i was there because they were up by the bulkhead door or in the 4k are etc. I'm now averaging about 1.5-2 hrs more daily because our on roads won't effectively work with preload supes to get anything fixed. I do have a lot of bulky stops between hotels, resorts and theme park warehouses. With a good loader I can get get all the bulk off with my air and not have to go back to those stops.
You're supposed to check every package in your truck by 3pm....
The preload is suppose to check every package before I even get to work. I refuse to take responsibility for someone else's failures that I have no control over, be it management or hourly.

You refuse? In their eyes we are paid what we are to service the customer. That includes the failures of preload sups and loaders. That's part of the job

Viper

You're supposed to check every package in your truck by 3pm....
The preload is suppose to check every package before I even get to work. I refuse to take responsibility for someone else's failures that I have no control over, be it management or hourly.
Part time sups dont have much control over preload. They cant change start times, they are given a number and they are expected to meet that number. Load quality is not a concern nor is safety. All managment cares about is the numbers. Quit blaming the under paid poor part timers for the friend#d preload. Nobody in their right mind would do that job for $11 or 12 hr

Yeah I did it for $8.50 an hour without spa labels telling me where to put it. Bottom line is that attitude is why it is the way it is. Nobody friggin cares anymore is the problem

ManInBrown

Our center manager says to avoid doing it directly after a break or lunch just because his bosses will be like wtf is that idle time and it's harder to justify.
This. I go thru the truck to only look for misloads with one stop left before lunch. Then when I have maybe 25-30 stops left at the end of the night I'll sort stop for stop.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
As a loader I almost always put envelopes behind pkgs but try to put a 6400 for instance behind a 6200 box so you find it before getting to 6400. I know Orion can :censored2: this plan but is that generally ok with a driver?
I just know if you can get numbers in the same general area it is fine, but if your loading 2000 hins in 8000 hins that just makes someone a maroon

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You refuse? In their eyes we are paid what we are to service the customer. That includes the failures of preload sups and loaders. That's part of the job
Wrong, we are paid to do a job, if everyone did that, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Driver's aren't responsible for factors they can't control, that includes decisions that set up employees to fail.

I can sit here and say it's your job to service three customers in three different states, it doesn't make it so.

trickpony1

What I do have a problem with is someone doing it on lunch.

You do what you gotta do to qualify/make book and then......

It's not a secret. The company knows the new drivers are doing it. The company will not instruct a driver to work off the clock for obvious reasons. The concern is when the driver keeps doing it after he has qualified.