Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So this year my attendance has been on a roller coaster... So my question is, is there anything I need to ... do before my day of doom?
Yes, stop being a slacker. Those very few days you really need off, don't say anything, just call in.

Up In Smoke

What article of the labor agreement is the company using for attendance. Our Center Manager has been trying to discipline for attendance and tardiness, but we've beaten every occasion back with a lack of contractual language.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So this year my attendance has been on a roller coaster but, as of today my record for the past 9 months only has 2 occasions. However My sup took my case to panel the last call in I did and I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’ve gotten a few he said she said and a 1 day suspension a while back. So my question is, is there anything I need to know or do before my day of doom?
@tintininis,

What did your Shop Steward say about this issue?

Thebrownblob

What does this mean?

This is what your Shop Steward said??

Never heard something like this before.
Not sure what this guy talking about, I think he means his case was taken to a hearing not the panel. Saying it’s out of the union hands shows He doesn’t understand what’s going on.

Thebrownblob

He said “she’s taking it to panel, there’s nothing we can do it’s out of our hands” “we just have to wait”
Well, if by “she” you mean your manager, she really doesn’t get to decide that, her labor manager and the union business agent, would. And they don’t generally like to take cases to a panel they feel cannot win, they hate to lose.

Up In Smoke

He said “she’s taking it to panel, there’s nothing we can do it’s out of our hands” “we just have to wait”
Progressive discipline generally goes from verbal, to written and then suspension. What article did they cite for previous two actions. What did it say on your warning letter and notice of suspension?

tintininis

So….fast forward…I got sent home on a Thursday called in Friday and Saturday. Came in on Tuesday then was walked out, they said because I didn’t file a grievance on the last disciplinary action which was working termination they said. Now, I have a doctors note to cover the days I called in but the manger says they don’t have to hear me out. How the hell is that ok to do? BA says the company is using the part where it says that I have 15 days after to file (which would have been last year in September)

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
So….fast forward…I got sent home on a Thursday called in Friday and Saturday. Came in on Tuesday then was walked out, they said because I didn’t file a grievance on the last disciplinary action which was working termination they said. Now, I have a doctors note to cover the days I called in but the manger says they don’t have to hear me out. How the hell is that ok to do? BA says the company is using the part where it says that I have 15 days after to file (which would have been last year in September)

Should have did FMLA if you had an ongoing issue that would cause you to have intermittent absences.

Anyway, why were you sent home on the Thursday before you called out?

21Savage

Yikes. You should have been on top of this. You're supposed to file for all discipline. You might be in trouble now, in terms of keeping your job. Good luck to you.

ManInBrown

He’s probably just blowing smoke up your arse trying to scare you. I was placed on notice of discharge and notice of suspension in package a few times. Never once did I get a letter sent to my house and was never suspended. It was all BS. They were just butthurt about breaking me off those 9.5 checks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So this year my attendance has been on a roller coaster but, as of today my record for the past 9 months only has 2 occasions. However My sup took my case to panel the last call in I did and I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’ve gotten a few he said she said and a 1 day suspension a while back. So my question is, is there anything I need to know or do before my day of doom?

Try this is works everytime
Show up to work everyday you’re scheduled on time and not stoned
How much easier could it be

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I had the flu lol

at one point which was

Sometime in march I had about 13, I must say my building was in the process of getting a center manager and the guy we had wasn’t giving out occasions so I abused the leeway, so all the ones that were from last year and beginning of this year fell off these past few months now there’s only 2.

13 in one month WTF
You deserve to be fired