Part Time Benefits

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
So we had some guys on preload asking if they should've got Holiday pay. I remember my local rider said something to the tune of all seniority employees receive holiday pay. I called the Steward and was pointed to this little gem in the contract.
Section 7. Benefit Entitlements
Part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 will receive holi-
days, personal days and option days provided by any applicable
Supplement, rider, or Addendum no earlier than after one (1) year
of active employment. This provision supersedes any provision on
the same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum to the
extent the provision makes holidays, personal days or option days
available earlier than after one (1) year of service.
I am completely blown away... I guess I have just overlooked it didn't notice or during my first year they made a mistake and was paying holiday pay because I remember having double time early on when I started. Either way I'm beyond disgusted how our contract takes advantage of the part timer.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Most likely with the retention percentage the company and union decided to see if people stay for a year. The union is good with it because they keep your initiation fee if you leave they are a business too. On the other hand what company gives a part timer great benefits health care, dental, vision, prescriptions, that include your family and a pension? You will be hard pressed to find another. All brought to you by the IBT.
That being said it still frosts my cookies having to work for straight time on holidays under article 40 for the last 19 years.LOL