Trece1343

I have worked local sort at UPS for just over 3 years now while turning 21 in june of 2017. I got offered a TCD driving position, but failed the road test in the standard for grinding gears in the last week of august in 2017. Fast forward to 2-1-18. I was notified that an email was sent out from HR to our center manager saying they are hiring x amount of drivers, and my name was second in line in seniority. Their are two people below me that are already TCD drivers and they got moved to full time today (2-5-18). My question is, since we are all part time, does that mean they still have to offer the full time positions in seniority order or since the TCD drivers have already been to school and passed INTERGRAD, that they get first dibs?

barnyard

KTM rider
My question is, since we are all part time, does that mean they still have to offer the full time positions in seniority order or since the TCD drivers have already been to school and passed INTERGRAD, that they get first dibs?

They are already qualified to start their 30 days, you are not.

Fastmax

So passing your 30 days as a TCD during peak season Oct 31st - January 15th, does that give me full time seniority? I got bumped back inside to preload and now there’s a 22.3 position that was posted. But unfortunately some guy on workers comp came back and signed it. He’s a part time employee that hasn’t passed his 30 days and failed the schooling in Mass. They’re sending him back to school, but you would think with me passing integrad and my 30 days, I would qualify for the 22.3 over him even though he has greater seniority.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They’re sending him back to school, but you would think with me passing integrad and my 30 days, I would qualify for the 22.3 over him even though he has greater seniority.
Seniority rules. It's the one biggest thing going for you while you're with this company long-term.

Fastmax

So basically I was just used during peak even though I’m still a TCD as of today? I would have to sign a full time bid to get full time seniority?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
So basically I was just used during peak even though I’m still a TCD as of today? I would have to sign a full time bid to get full time seniority?
You would have to win the bid and then your 30 day qualify would begin. Peak driving doesnt count towards seniority unless you had ft bid and started qualifying before free period(and then only if you're really good or kiss alot of butt).

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have worked local sort at UPS for just over 3 years now while turning 21 in june of 2017. I got offered a TCD driving position, but failed the road test in the standard for grinding gears..
You sure that was the only reason?

2016-11-06-15-23-24--1369219114.jpg

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So I read in the contract that TCDs even though I work part time can still sign for full time bids..
You can sign anything you want , but SENIORITY IS SENIORITY my man , back to reload you go. You haven’t been here long enough to touch that steering wheel rookie

jones996

I have worked local sort at UPS for just over 3 years now while turning 21 in june of 2017. I got offered a TCD driving position, but failed the road test in the standard for grinding gears in the last week of august in 2017. Fast forward to 2-1-18. I was notified that an email was sent out from HR to our center manager saying they are hiring x amount of drivers, and my name was second in line in seniority. Their are two people below me that are already TCD drivers and they got moved to full time today (2-5-18). My question is, since we are all part time, does that mean they still have to offer the full time positions in seniority order or since the TCD drivers have already been to school and passed INTERGRAD, that they get first dibs?

They are first bid