Part Time Healthcare vs. Full Time Healthcare

DOK

I worked hard trying to do a 4 car 1450 piece pull with only 120 post office on the preload. Busted my ass but the cages were relentless, ive worked 31 hours this week at a part time job, cant complain though the overtime is nice.
Preload is THE toughest job in this place, imo.

I get 25 out every week regardless. Then once a month there's another 20 union fee. So I lose half of a paycheck after taxes on a good week with at leat 25h and a few OT. It's 12.5% of my pay at the most I've ever worked.

It's 25% of the net pay for people who get 3.5h for five days. They give a paycheck a month to the union, and if you don't even get that, well, that explains why no one joins. There are no protections or guarantees for the first 3.5 months at minimum which puts it at 6 anyway.

This company strings along the working poor. It's disgusting. They feed us once in awhile and for a lot of people it's the only treats or food they've gotten, one guy worked three days without eating, things need to be fixed.

Base pay doesn't work in states raising minimum wage either.

Boxjockey82

My coverage was A LOT better when i had part time insurance. I remember rushing to get my vasectomy done under my pt insurance before my ft kicked in because it was $0-10 under pt. Under ft i can't remember what it was going to be but i know it wasn't that lol. And chantix was around $20 i believe under pt and under ft it's around $750

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I worked hard trying to do a 4 car 1450 piece pull with only 120 post office on the preload. Busted my ass but the cages were relentless, ive worked 31 hours this week at a part time job, cant complain though the overtime is nice.

Dude that sucks. I have a 3 truck 750-800 piece pull on the daily. Piece of cake. Still get 23ish hours a week

Returntosender

Rumor has it the FT lifetime benefit is 1 million. PT is 250,000 lifetime. If you exhaust the lifetime benefit you get 100,000 annual benefit.

Dude that sucks. I have a 3 truck 750-800 piece pull on the daily. Piece of cake. Still get 23ish hours a week

On average I get 300 per car for the first three and anywhere from 50 to 250 for my 4th bulk - whatever fills the car. One of them I need to memorize addresses from 4000-8000 which is nothing since they're either on parallel or intersecting roads, so it's really just ignoring HIN and going by 4 main drags with a few mall and kiosk stops.

We are terribly understaffed. I think they're happy they found someone who can do it. Usually get 30 hours a week. When I'm done with my cars I finish loads for everyone who stacks out unless there's someone with seniority who wants to stay until 10:45-11:00. I certainly don't mind. Especially with a 2:30 start time. Lots of OT, but when I start getting too much they send me home the second my last pkg is loaded and I'm out my car.

Indecisi0n

On average I get 300 per car for the first three and anywhere from 50 to 250 for my 4th bulk - whatever fills the car. One of them I need to memorize addresses from 4000-8000 which is nothing since they're either on parallel or intersecting roads, so it's really just ignoring HIN and going by 4 main drags with a few mall and kiosk stops.

We are terribly understaffed. I think they're happy they found someone who can do it. Usually get 30 hours a week. When I'm done with my cars I finish loads for everyone who stacks out unless there's someone with seniority who wants to stay until 10:45-11:00. I certainly don't mind. Especially with a 2:30 start time. Lots of OT, but when I start getting too much they send me home the second my last pkg is loaded and I'm out my car.
Pffffff easy.

I'm not complaining it's one of the easier things to do in preload, and the overtime is great! It's a fantastic workout too. My bum is getting cuter. ;)

In my downtime I run split since the other guy can't do it. It's been a month he still can't split a belt I mean come on you can't tell left and right? Wow.

Never calls out overs/irregs, opens, tires, or even leakers, I have to run down and bring his blowby's back to him and drop far side packages back on the belt as I go and do my own stuff.

He's got 400 packages max a day. Same guy I was talking about a few weeks ago that did 2 hour trailers. SMH. He's one of the people that if you paid them 25 an hour to do it, they'd do it just as badly.

He's messing us all up, and they're trying to DQ the guy across from him, he needs to pick it up man. I'm just a few weeks out on seniority and need him to be on point.

I don't plan on having to work with this clown the next few years. I've done everything I can to help the guy and it's deaf ears.

Sadly I'm working as directed doing my job and 66% of his. Always cleaning up his mess. Getting old. Really don't wanna take this to management but they aren't blind either.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not complaining it's one of the easier things to do in preload, and the overtime is great! It's a fantastic workout too. My bum is getting cuter. ;)

In my downtime I run split since the other guy can't do it. It's been a month he still can't split a belt I mean come on you can't tell left and right? Wow.

Never calls out overs/irregs, opens, tires, or even leakers, I have to run down and bring his blowby's back to him and drop far side packages back on the belt as I go and do my own stuff.

He's got 400 packages max a day. Same guy I was talking about a few weeks ago that did 2 hour trailers. SMH. He's one of the people that if you paid them 25 an hour to do it, they'd do it just as badly.

He's messing us all up, and they're trying to DQ the guy across from him, he needs to pick it up man. I'm just a few weeks out on seniority and need him to be on point.

I don't plan on having to work with this clown the next few years. I've done everything I can to help the guy and it's deaf ears.

Sadly I'm working as directed doing my job and 66% of his. Always cleaning up his mess. Getting old. Really don't wanna take this to management but they aren't blind either.
TLDR

giphy.gif