Part timer happy to get health care.

Thebrownblob

Your extreme antiworker stance is disturbing.
Says the company man who sides with Amazon and tears down hard fought union contracts. I’m gonna guess you’ve never lifted a single finger to help organize another company or better your workplace. Sad. Do better

Thebrownblob

How are wage concessions for the last 40 years "hard fought"?
Well, since you were here for most of that, can you tell me? I was speaking directly to the pension and insurance issue. Are you aware how difficult it is to negotiate benefits like ours for even part-timers? It’s unheard of, walk into any healthcare facility, with a teamcare card and the red carpet is rolled out for you.

Well, since you were here for most of that, can you tell me? I was speaking directly to the pension and insurance issue. Are you aware how difficult it is to negotiate benefits like ours for even part-timers? It’s unheard of, walk into any healthcare facility, with a teamcare card and the red carpet is rolled out for you.
Too many older FT members saying "concessions don't affect me".

Thebrownblob

Too many older FT members saying "concessions don't affect me".
Well, if that’s the case, why did they get raised in the last contract? And why are we pushing so hard for more pay now? Maybe it was some of the older part-time members who were still enjoying the high pay red circle that didn’t do their part?

The PT health benefits subsidize the FT health care. For every PT that goes to the Doc for the sniffles a FT member is getting a hip replacement or knee replacement or another costly operation.

Thebrownblob

The PT health benefits subsidize the FT health care. For every PT that goes to the Doc for the sniffles a FT member is getting a hip replacement or knee replacement or another costly operation.
Funny, I got a part timer with almost $1 million worth of paid healthcare in last 6 months, Pretty life-changing. Thank you Teamsters.

Well, if that’s the case, why did they get raised in the last contract? And why are we pushing so hard for more pay now? Maybe it was some of the older part-time members who were still enjoying the high pay red circle that didn’t do their part?
The last PT starting wage raises was just to keep up with the Federal Contractors minimum wage. The company still had to use the MRA just to get people to apply and maybe stay for a couple weeks. The raises also didn't help members that had been here for a few years or longer as now they are making the same wages as new members.

Thebrownblob

The last PT starting wage raises was just to keep up with the Federal Contractors minimum wage. The company still had to use the MRA just to get people to apply and maybe stay for a couple weeks. The raises also didn't help members that had been here for a few years or longer as now they are making the same wages as new members.
Really so that Teamsters knew about Covid and rapid inflation? Last I checked we should all be making the same amount, so which is it?

Thebrownblob

Very kind of you to do that for him. We all know that is the exception rather than the rule as the company would have dumped most PT members.
I did nothing for him, he worked and the union negotiated amazing insurance. Pretty fair trade. And it’s actually not the exception it is the rule. Teamsters negotiated the insurance Everyone says people deserve. The young man would not have had the access to that care, nor the money to pay for it. Thank you Teamsters.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I did nothing for him, he worked and the union negotiated amazing insurance. Pretty fair trade. And it’s actually not the exception it is the rule. Teamsters negotiated the insurance Everyone says people deserve. The young man would not have had the access to that care, nor the money to pay for it. Thank you Teamsters.
He’s got it better than most but still tries to disparage the union.

nWo

If drivers complain about progression or forced 6th day punch or 22.4s nobody attacks them for it. If anyone argues that we should treat parttimers better then all the MAGAs get all riled up.

Thebrownblob

Arguing for better pay and benefits is not disparaging the union. Not even remotely.
Arguing that a company that treats and pays its employees like human debris is better, and it has just as much opportunity as a Teamster contract is disparaging.

Thebrownblob

If drivers complain about progression or forced 6th day punch or 22.4s nobody attacks them for it. If anyone argues that we should treat parttimers better then all the MAGAs get all riled up.
Go full-time, then quit whining. You’re more MAGA than I’ve ever been. It shows with how you twist stories and tell lies.