Part timer preferred jobs in our building in roanoke va being taken away and given to full timers

Parttimer25

Hey part timers in the local 171 area in roanoke va. U just got * over by your 2 biggest worthless nothing of shop stewards. Lets see when union members called them out the leaders jump on the members for calling out the poor shop stewards. One shop steward likes to walk away from members and turn others in to management. The other lies and the rest about him is just not even worth my time. But low and behold when a member tells a BA what the shops stewards are doing they just say we cant make them stop. They know what they are doing but just blow smoke up the part timers ass. So members of local 171 they want your money and votes but they want u to place all full timers first. Now i know you titty baby shop stewards will get butt hurt over this but u can just run to the union hall and have your dapper changed with some rash cream added so you dont get sore. I feel sorry for the employees that have deal with these 2 worthless crap bags. But hey then again you get what you vote for. So in a big way you part timers that voted these 2 crap bags in you really just bent yourself over and told your butthole hello and you get to see the crap bags standing behind helping u do it. Feels good dont it. Good luck with these 2 winners. Oh to the one shop steward the word "no" does not have a "w" in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parttimer25

No lay off. Just found out from 2 others that addressed the issue. Full time inside employees can now displace any part time that has held a preferred job. Some of these part timers that have been in these jobs for over 10 years. Now full timers since they have to bid ever year in april they are now allowed to displace a part timer in a current preferred job. Because of what i was told by by 2 pre loaders that did try to address the issue but were shot down by the 2 worthless crap bag shop stewards from my shift. Thats the reason for the rant. So just ranting. But they crap bags. Hell i watched the one steward stand in front of mangement and tell mangement to write employees up. Hell i even seen the same one refuse to rep another worker.

542thruNthru

Hey part timers in the local 171 area in roanoke va. U just got friend* over by your 2 biggest worthless nothing of shop stewards. Lets see when union members called them out the leaders jump on the members for calling out the poor shop stewards. One shop steward likes to walk away from members and turn others in to management. The other lies and the rest about him is just not even worth my time. But low and behold when a member tells a BA what the shops stewards are doing they just say we cant make them stop. They know what they are doing but just blow smoke up the part timers ass. So members of local 171 they want your money and votes but they want u to place all full timers first. Now i know you titty baby shop stewards will get butt hurt over this but u can just run to the union hall and have your dapper changed with some rash cream added so you dont get sore. I feel sorry for the employees that have deal with these 2 worthless crap bags. But hey then again you get what you vote for. So in a big way you part timers that voted these 2 crap bags in you really just bent yourself over and told your butthole hello and you get to see the crap bags standing behind helping u do it. Feels good dont it. Good luck with these 2 winners. Oh to the one shop steward the word "no" does not have a "w" in it.

b3a.gif

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
No lay off. Just found out from 2 others that addressed the issue. Full time inside employees can now displace any part time that has held a preferred job. Some of these part timers that have been in these jobs for over 10 years. Now full timers since they have to bid ever year in april they are now allowed to displace a part timer in a current preferred job. Because of what i was told by by 2 pre loaders that did try to address the issue but were shot down by the 2 worthless crap bag shop stewards from my shift. Thats the reason for the rant. So just ranting. But they crap bags. Hell i watched the one steward stand in front of mangement and tell mangement to write employees up. Hell i even seen the same one refuse to rep another worker.
I would notify the NLRB about not getting represented by the union stewards, what does your supplemental say about displacing PT for Fulltimers? I would do some more research before any more ranting as you call it.

Johnny123456789

I'm sorry to say, but part timers don't get any respect when you have full timers involved. It doesn't matter if it's a 60 year old with 30 years of part time senioriy vs a 19 year old with 1 year full time seniority. The full timer gets the job.

That part time preferred job line is just filler to make the contract look important. But you can go over union and file a labor board complaint.

More and more the divide increases. Erase the belief that we're a "union" or a "teamster."

Johnny123456789

Shop stewards don't take the position to help others, they take the position to make their lives easier. You can call the legal number in the national Teamaters website if you're having problems with your local representation.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey part timers in the local 171 area in roanoke va. U just got friend* over by your 2 biggest worthless nothing of shop stewards. Lets see when union members called them out the leaders jump on the members for calling out the poor shop stewards. One shop steward likes to walk away from members and turn others in to management. The other lies and the rest about him is just not even worth my time. But low and behold when a member tells a BA what the shops stewards are doing they just say we cant make them stop. They know what they are doing but just blow smoke up the part timers ass. So members of local 171 they want your money and votes but they want u to place all full timers first. Now i know you titty baby shop stewards will get butt hurt over this but u can just run to the union hall and have your dapper changed with some rash cream added so you dont get sore. I feel sorry for the employees that have deal with these 2 worthless crap bags. But hey then again you get what you vote for. So in a big way you part timers that voted these 2 crap bags in you really just bent yourself over and told your butthole hello and you get to see the crap bags standing behind helping u do it. Feels good dont it. Good luck with these 2 winners. Oh to the one shop steward the word "no" does not have a "w" in it.

How about a tldr version

That mess gives me a headache

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

So the issue doesn't affect you personally ?

For the people affected.... what have they done to address the issue ?

Have they filed a grievance or attempted to contact the President of the Local ?

I'm sure there is more to the story.

I would notify the NLRB about not getting represented by the union stewards

Union Stewards, are not employees of the Local Union.

dogs.bite.me

Sorry but FT Seniority > PT Seniority.

Has been this way for that way for a long time. It won’t change even if you keep crying.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
what does your supplemental say about displacing PT for Fulltimers?

https://teamster.filecamp.com/0/teamster/binary/25fb-67t6kb5g.pdf

Full-time inside employee's bid annually in that supplement, beginning April 1st.

It sounds like during the annual bid, certain positions that were held by

part-timers as "preferred" jobs were included with the realigned full-time bids.

Also of note;

"Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or work station unless a prior past practice has been established."

There could be a grievance there, if there is an established past practice.

But.... they won't know if they don't file.

SameRightsForAll

Upper management works dilligently over time to put every steward directly in their pockets.