Part-Timers in My Building are Clueless

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Nah loading sucks. Your scanner going off and it’s completely backed up. Small sort is alright but time moves so slow. I’ve always preferred pick off.
Different strokes for different folks. I love it when my scanner is messed up because that means I have to input it manually (our hub is automated) so more time to my check. Smalls is loud, and it’s hard on my wrists. I don’t think I know what pick off is.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Different strokes for different folks. I love it when my scanner is messed up because that means I have to input it manually (our hub is automated) so more time to my check. Smalls is loud, and it’s hard on my wrists. I don’t think I know what pick off is.

Pick off is basically standing and taking off what doesn’t belong on the moving belt or pushing it to the slide the package goes to. Its not my area but sometimes I’ll help. I’m trying to secure a spot. Combos usually in those positions. When things get slow you’re just standing there or they’ll have you go pick up missorts. They used to be considered skill positions. I guess they got rid of all that so you don’t get the dollar.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Pick off is basically standing and taking off what doesn’t belong on the moving belt or pushing it to the slide the package goes to. Its not my area but sometimes I’ll help. I’m trying to secure a spot. Combos usually in those positions. When things get slow you’re just standing there or they’ll have you go pick up missorts. They used to be considered skill positions. I guess they got rid of all that so you don’t get the dollar.
Sounds like a cushy job. I’m considering going shifting while I wait for a full time bid. Or maybe car parker. I wouldn’t mind a full time inside job, but I am aiming for sleepah.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Sounds like a cushy job. I’m considering going shifting while I wait for a full time bid. Or maybe car parker. I wouldn’t mind a full time inside job, but I am aiming for sleepah.

It depends on where you pick off because some are heavier than others. It can definitely get :censored2:ed at times, especially if it’s really flowing. Yeah those are good gigs. I would go inside if they offered it. I don’t think I’ll get it anytime soon though.

Commercial Inside Release

You can tell the centers where the management is crap, because they'll give the same stout guy an endless buffet of trailers to load or unload for years, then wonder what happened, when the guy goes and gets a better job.