Part tiners p1s ft p2s and pickups

redrum

Anyone else hear in certain places there going to have part timers go out with p1 only then go home .then fulltimers will start at 1030 or after and do p2s pickups ..I heard of a few station doing this very soon maybe as a test station then if it works more will

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone else hear in certain places there going to have part timers go out with p1 only then go home .then fulltimers will start at 1030 or after and do p2s pickups ..I heard of a few station doing this very soon maybe as a test station then if it works more will

Yes. This is probably the template for Express ops in October.

RTURNSONLY

Uhum, we had heard those same rumors at our station for quite some time.

IMHO, they could do it; they own us and we got no recourse.

DontThrowPackages

There are many schedule variations management can play with. We have a some FT that do FO, P1 and P2 and call it a day. We have some that do P1,p2 and PUs 3 or 4 times a week. I've seen the Late-late starter that will come in at 1000am, do p2, PuPs and help out with the off load.
With PTs, I've seen them work the am sort then go out with p1 and call it a day. If October comes and they announce the doing away with guaranteed hours, these scheduling combos could get even worse

DontThrowPackages

It's really interesting they hire so many PTs employees to avoid paying OT to FTs. I mean with the extra training, insurance, vacation pay, sick days and holidays paid out to PTs, is it really worth saving an extra 5 hours OT off a FT week? Just curious, does anyone know what the corporate tax credit is for hiring a new person these days? :wink2:

redrum

If they separated the p2 and p1 having there own amj ake ayy they could have two sorts the p1rt would leave way early with more stops .then start your p2 sort around 10 ...I think you can see how that would work .

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Meh,
You know how many over looked P1s are gonna be in those "later sort" cans? Just as many missorts as there is now.
I always get a kick out of seeing some pkg. come down the belt, that is due today, that belongs like 5 states away. Bah ha ha ha
Perishable? Even better.

vantexan

A mgr at my last station told me this was in the works just before I moved. Talked to a courier from there the other day and he said a stack of flyers has been placed next to time clock for them to take to hand out to anyone interested in working part-time. Flyer encourages people to consider the opportunity and benefits of working part-time at FedEx, or something to that effect. If this is the case then either they never were going to do the long split thing, or else they realized they'd have a major P.R. nightmare on their hands when the public found out what they were forcing people to do.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
A mgr at my last station told me this was in the works just before I moved. Talked to a courier from there the other day and he said a stack of flyers has been placed next to time clock for them to take to hand out to anyone interested in working part-time. Flyer encourages people to consider the opportunity and benefits of working part-time at FedEx, or something to that effect.

Yikes.
What state was that last sta. in?
Might be the beginning of the end.

check6ii

Here in the suthern (lol) region, thats the norm. has been for about 5 years. "at will" states can do wtf they want. Oh, the humanity......

Goldilocks

If they separated the p2 and p1 having there own amj ake ayy they could have two sorts the p1rt would leave way early with more stops .then start your p2 sort around 10 ...I think you can see how that would work .

The only problem I see with this, not enough trucks....Are all stations going to purchase more Sprinters?

vantexan

The only problem I see with this, not enough trucks....Are all stations going to purchase more Sprinters?

If we go strictly overnight, the sort will end sooner, part-timers could go run P1, come back to hand off trucks to fulltimers for SO(or EO) plus pups and working the reload. Extended rts could also start later with only next day to deliver. They could tweak it to get people close to 40 but with no OT. Of course this is all speculation. You have to wonder why they got rid of split pay, but forcing fulltimers to take long breaks to just get 35-37 hrs a week would probably turn into a PR nightmare for them. The above with PTers starting early was told to me by a mgr recently, and it's an idea I was hearing several years ago. Makes me believe this is a more likely scenario and people shouldn't get too hyped up about the doomsaying. Going to hurt without OT, and pay progression needs to be speeded up. But the idea that soccer moms in minivans are going to handle Express freight and we're all going to get pink slips is just a trollish fantasy put forth by a Ground guy with a chip on his shoulder who gets his jollies trying to panic Express employees. Same goes for trying to scare people into signing union cards. We do need a union, but that ship has sailed. We aren't going to have a well paid career at FedEx, at least not those in mid-range. But it beats working 2 $9hr jobs 80 hrs a week to get by or having only one job that pays $11hr or less. If you are capable enough get training for something better. But hang on to this job until you get a solid job well documented as well paying. A lot of companies, including FedEx, will tell you anything to get you onboard. Take it from someone who jumped ship only to find the promise of high pay was B.S.. Of course, I had much more to lose as a former topped out employee than a current mid-range employee does, but even FedEx will look pretty good when you are making much less at Walmart.

check6ii

If we go strictly overnight, the sort will end sooner, part-timers could go run P1, come back to hand off trucks to fulltimers for SO(or EO) plus pups and working the reload. Extended rts could also start later with only next day to deliver. They could tweak it to get people close to 40 but with no OT. Of course this is all speculation. You have to wonder why they got rid of split pay, but forcing fulltimers to take long breaks to just get 35-37 hrs a week would probably turn into a PR nightmare for them. The above with PTers starting early was told to me by a mgr recently, and it's an idea I was hearing several years ago. Makes me believe this is a more likely scenario and people shouldn't get too hyped up about the doomsaying. Going to hurt without OT, and pay progression needs to be speeded up. But the idea that soccer moms in minivans are going to handle Express freight and we're all going to get pink slips is just a trollish fantasy put forth by a Ground guy with a chip on his shoulder who gets his jollies trying to panic Express employees. Same goes for trying to scare people into signing union cards. We do need a union, but that ship has sailed. We aren't going to have a well paid career at FedEx, at least not those in mid-range. But it beats working 2 $9hr jobs 80 hrs a week to get by or having only one job that pays $11hr or less. If you are capable enough get training for something better. But hang on to this job until you get a solid job well documented as well paying. A lot of companies, including FedEx, will tell you anything to get you onboard. Take it from someone who jumped ship only to find the promise of high pay was B.S.. Of course, I had much more to lose as a former topped out employee than a current mid-range employee does, but even FedEx will look pretty good when you are making much less at Walmart.

Well stated-

Goldilocks

I think you hit the nail on the head....This is whats going to be happening...