Passed driving school Friday....

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't know that you can go back to part time now that you're full time. It's kinda sketchy that way. I know you can in feeder but they won't in package car. At least here where I'm at. Plus where you're located bud, you won't be a bottom feeder for long.

undies

Sounds like you've been hired as a cover driver, which means they can toss you back and forth at will. I would call the center again and let them know your situation and what they suggest regarding the night shift. They may just not have an on-road supervisor available for the 3-5 day ride a long you will need. Asking questions is good.

U

uber

Sounds like you've been hired as a cover driver, which means they can toss you back and forth at will. I would call the center again and let them know your situation and what they suggest regarding the night shift. They may just not have an on-road supervisor available for the 3-5 day ride a long you will need. Asking questions is good.

Totally. I understand they can put me back in forth at will. But, they can't tell me to call in every morning at 7am if i have been working nights until 3am. Its a DOT law thing. They would need to give me another day heads up in order to not break the DOT law of 10hrs off in between shifts.

UPSGUY72

Totally. I understand they can put me back in forth at will. But, they can't tell me to call in every morning at 7am if i have been working nights until 3am. Its a DOT law thing. They would need to give me another day heads up in order to not break the DOT law of 10hrs off in between shifts.

Wrong your 14 hours starts when you begin your inside work. If you start your inside job at 12 am they can use you till 2 pm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You had mentioned before that you wouldn't mind going to days now that you are a casual driver. This might be the best move for you because you could work the preload on the days that you won't be driving and you won't have to worry about not getting enough sleep if you work nights and drive the next day.

OptimusPrime

Wrong your 14 hours starts when you begin your inside work. If you start your inside job at 12 am they can use you till 2 pm.

But wouldn't that require him to stay on the clock? Once you go home, that's the end of the shift. He would have to work preload as well. And typically midnight is not the start time of the overnight shift. During peak, would probably be around 11:00. So he would work roughly a ten hour shift before they want him to drive? Seems a tad unsafe.