Path to Feeder in Denver

I'm a feeder driver in Chicago. I need to move to Denver. I know I can't transfer and will need to start at the bottom. I was wondering about the path to becoming a feeder driver in Denver. Would I need to do package car (22.4) first? Or could I work inside the building sorting and put my name on a feeder wait list? Or would they hire me directly into feeder (maybe after seasonal work) since I've already been feeder elsewhere? Any helpful information would be appreciated.

A transfer isn't an option for me. I was just wondering what the usual path is to feeder in Denver. I know some places require a year of package car before going feeder. Other places you can get on a waiting list if you're working inside sorting. Just curious if there were any Denver feeder drivers who could chime in.

trickpony1

A transfer isn't an option for me. I was just wondering what the usual path is to feeder in Denver. I know some places require a year of package car before going feeder. Other places you can get on a waiting list if you're working inside sorting. Just curious if there were any Denver feeder drivers who could chime in.
Call the Union hall that covers the building you want to work at.
Ask for the UPS BA.
Ask him questions.

Google is your friend.

BeachBoy

I'm a feeder driver in Chicago. I need to move to Denver. I know I can't transfer and will need to start at the bottom. I was wondering about the path to becoming a feeder driver in Denver. Would I need to do package car (22.4) first? Or could I work inside the building sorting and put my name on a feeder wait list? Or would they hire me directly into feeder (maybe after seasonal work) since I've already been feeder elsewhere? Any helpful information would be appreciated.

BeachBoy

Not sure what the situation is today, but a few months ago in the Denver hub (Commerce City), we had flyers posted for feeder drivers off the street. Check out upsjobs.com, see what's listed. This is a tight job market, seems like we're always hiring.