Peak 2019 bonuses

Yolo

It's sad to say but some locals have drained entire paychecks on seasonals and new hires. UPS has to do something to get people in the door. As far as I know all the greviances filed on this in the past years went nowhere. Cant hurt to try again.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Here in my neck of the woods we have an MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) that starts our part timers at $17.50. Just north of me they start at $20. Starting probably 5 or 6 years ago it just became nearly impossible to attract anywhere near the amount of peak help we needed locally.

The solution seems to be bonuses and charter busses. We bus people in from as far away as 2 1/2 hours and in some cases offer lodging.

New division manager seems to be against busses and believes all employees can be sourced locally. Right....welcome to NorCal jack wagon!!!

PT Car Washer

Here in my neck of the woods we have an MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) that starts our part timers at $17.50. Just north of me they start at $20. Starting probably 5 or 6 years ago it just became nearly impossible to attract anywhere near the amount of peak help we needed locally.

The solution seems to be bonuses and charter busses. We bus people in from as far away as 2 1/2 hours and in some cases offer lodging.

New division manager seems to be against busses and believes all employees can be sourced locally. Right....welcome to NorCal jack wagon!!!
Unbelievable! Bussing and labor camps.

Package Stick

"Send it."
I know of guys that started in 2003 at $8/hr and stayed there because preload was no longer considered a skilled position.
These people stay because of insurance. The pension is of no matter to the "lower PT workers".

What have the 'Teamsters' become?

This is a bigger problem than we think it is.

It's not Amazon we have to think about, it's our own "members".

rod

Retired 22 years
2B39B068-845C-4E0C-A832-1059DF2FA8D6.jpeg
You should have worked back in 1990-1992

Justaloader

Those were people hired prior to 1982 so these were wages for those employed 10 years or longer.

Ah...I see! (said the blind man) Had I actually read all of the document, instead of just glancing at it while drinking my morning cup of coffee, I would have noticed that. I'll take that one on the chin - my mistake!

Justaloader

The seasonal PVD's - ad says "up to $30 an hour" - what determines that rate? If they start offering referral bonuses in my hub, I know a few people that might be interested - but I need to be able to give them a firm number. I don't want to say "it pays $30 bucks an hour" only to find out that they won't be making anywhere near that, and subsequently thinking that I lied to them. Anyone know?