dogs.bite.me

Southern Language on Layoffs.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.png
    IMG_2721.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 45

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Lots of supps have this language and many people don't realize it. This is from the Western PA supp.
View attachment 429200

Notice the "at the appropriate rate for the classification of work performed".

Granted this one is a little more complicated then others by the implementation of (B). But as you can see FT drivers could drop to their preload rate of pay which is below top rate.
We have that language here. All FT guarantees you is 8 hours, it does not guarantee you driver pay if you go back inside. Here, if you work 1 day in a driver position then you get that rate for 1 week. After that, you get what your hub rate would be with however many years of service you have.

Cowboy Mac

Lots of supps have this language and many people don't realize it. This is from the Western PA supp.
View attachment 429200

Notice the "at the appropriate rate for the classification of work performed".

Granted this one is a little more complicated then others by the implementation of (B). But as you can see FT drivers could drop to their preload rate of pay which is below top rate.
So what we need is to scrap the 22.4 language and get better layoff language in the supplements.

542thruNthru

Shot down by the company?
Yes. From my understanding it was said that if the company is laying off rpcds then the company is in trouble and isn't going to injure its self more by paying laid off drivers a higher wage than a position calls for. That's what I was told but it could have been denied by the union as well in pre screening for all I know.

PT Car Washer

Not here they wouldn’t. 22.3 is a highly sought after position and is bid and only taken by a 25+ year employee
Loading on Midnight sort and unloading on Preload (or visa versa) are the best jobs in your building? Wow your building must really suck. And people ask me why you don't go FT. LOL

PT Car Washer

Not here they wouldn’t. 22.3 is a highly sought after position and is bid and only taken by a 25+ year employee
The last new dozen Twi/Midnight 22.3 jobs were taken by PT with less than a years seniority. I told them in 4 years you will be making over $70k/yr doing the same job you were doing PT for minimum wage.

GodlikeRage

Except those 25+ year employees are doing small sort and clean in and around the hub for the rest of their time. Me and other 22.4's will be preload

Coldworld

60 months and counting
22.4 afforded you certain protections that most took for granted. Depending on your supp you could be laid off working a split shift in your building at a lower rate. We'll have to wait and see what happens with this new contract and how fast the volume returns though.
Some supplements have 22.4 not be able to go into feeder and some do. Other supplements let them get on the 9.5 list and others didn’t…Denis totally was asleep at the wheel when he decided this language was a good idea…total clusterfk

Johney

Loading on Midnight sort and unloading on Preload (or visa versa) are the best jobs in your building? Wow your building must really suck. And people ask me why you don't go FT. LOL
We don't have a midnight sort for one,and our 22.3 people don't unload. A couple work a small sort on preload, a few load a couple package cars, they all start early and park package cars in the right spots and all of them deliver air or early a.m. One does the shifting in the morning(I had that before I left). Two guys work night. One fuels the tractors for feeders and the other shifts for the night sort. So speak of only what you know, so you should be pretty quiet.

Johney

The last new dozen Twi/Midnight 22.3 jobs were taken by PT with less than a years seniority. I told them in 4 years you will be making over $70k/yr doing the same job you were doing PT for minimum wage.
I can see why those jobs were taken by low senior p/t people.....your building does suck.

Thebrownblob

We don't have a midnight sort for one,and our 22.3 people don't unload. A couple work a small sort on preload, a few load a couple package cars, they all start early and park package cars in the right spots and all of them deliver air or early a.m. One does the shifting in the morning(I had that before I left). Two guys work night. One fuels the tractors for feeders and the other shifts for the night sort. So speak of only what you know, so you should be pretty quiet.
Another asinine comment from him. We have well over 150 22.3 jobs here, the majority of them are daysort /Twilight hours. Not a bad gig if you want to work in the building.