Personal car deliveries

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Then again a retired feeder driver going back to work for peak I doubt would work up a sweat
Work up a sweat? That's covered in the feeder driver handbook. It's not allowed. Once I retired, I have no desire to go anywhere near a UPS facility. Matter of fact, I have to drive by my old building every time I go fishing. I intentionally look the other way.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
So PVDs will most likely have to meet at a meet point and will or won't have a diad? This screams sketchy. Will a uniform be required?

I hate that USPS has people out out of uniform delivering. I always assume they are stealing packages. How will PVD help? Random cars driving around and stopping? That would get the cops called everyday where I drive.

They'll also most likely start their day at 2pm-9 to 10 and do residential only, right? Are FTers losing work because of these guys.

Do they have to pass a physical? Do they have to pass driving school? Why would anyone do PVD if the same perks are there for regular season driving. I guess I don't get the appeal unless they're skirting the handbook somewhere.
I’ve had a PVD driver on my area the last two years. They drop his deliveries in a storage unit on route(I don’t drop them someone in a rental does). They give him certain sections of my route. He starts around 11 everyday.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
we go out on strike and i'm the first guy out there doing the slashy smashy to scabs cars who are by definition STRIKEBREAKERS. but anybody looking to do temp xmas work at ups is no scab. wanna be mad at peeps look no further than our union leaders and even closer at the "brother" next to you who didn't vote. i double dare any of you to give my wife and my daughter in law to be any crap while there delivering this xmas out of MY car bought through our teamster credit union and paid for by hard earned union wages. besides, you all know by now that they need to come up with as many ways as possible to tackle the two months of insane volume we get. happy holidays to all

Last edited:

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Again if they don’t offer for someone to use a company vehicle making 21/hr plus 59cents per mile isn’t that terrible for a few months.

That’s a lot better than the Amazon flex drivers get. From what I read they get a flat rate with no mileage pay. Wear and tear on their car plus pay for their own gas. Probably doesn’t work out to much more than 10.00 an hour. Stupid is as stupid does.

Heavy Package

We got a flyer passed out last week that we are hiring people for peak to deliver packages out of their own cars. Paying up to 21/hr and inside employees cannot do it. Anyone else seen this? Curious how this will work. Seems to me it will end badly

Yo! Where u at, bro? I over here offa South Lake Street to come get some boxez offa u. Catch up wiff me soon cuz I need to get gas an I'm tired. Beat ya in a few.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
That’s a lot better than the Amazon flex drivers get. From what I read they get a flat rate with no mileage pay. Wear and tear on their car plus pay for their own gas. Probably doesn’t work out to much more than 10.00 an hour. Stupid is as stupid does.
Here we have fliers that says 21/hr plus 59c per mile

Wheeler

"King"
Exactly.... what sort of leverage do you think the Union has in negotiations

when the members don't vote ? (and the company knows it)

Think about what you just said.... who doesn't have a pair ?
it would help if everyone got their ballots to vote I believe it was rigged from the beginning heard a lot of people didn't get theirs in time and couldn't get them