WTFm8

I thought air drivers were disappearing?

Only have a couple in my building. Most of the time it’s low seniority covers forced in for exception under Art40. Occasionally a higher seniority cover driver will volunteer/bump for the full 8hr air route at OT to make an easy couple hundred extra for the pay.

IJustWorkHere

Well after meeting with HR and filling out tons of paper work she asked me to go online to fill out an application to my surprise it said Full Time Combo Driver . I initially thought I would be PT. Does this mean I’ll fall under the new 22.4 combo position ? And what is the starting rate of combo driver ? How does this work ?

Attachments

• 85FFCA11-8DA9-4B91-B2A6-E86E590EAF9F.jpeg
    85FFCA11-8DA9-4B91-B2A6-E86E590EAF9F.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 211

542thruNthru

Well after meeting with HR and filling out tons of paper work she asked me to go online to fill out an application to my surprise it said Full Time Combo Driver . I initially thought I would be PT. Does this mean I’ll fall under the new 22.4 combo position ? And what is the starting rate of combo driver ? How does this work ?

Article 41 section 4 for pay, Article 22 section 4(b) for how 22.4s work.

IJustWorkHere

It’s funny I came straight home to read the contract . And of course I still need an explanation . The language is semi understandable . And it has you hopping from one part of the contract to another . If someone can simplify the language in the contract that would be great . If not guess I’ll wait & see . Full Time after 14 years ! This took FOREVER !
Article 41 section 4 for pay, Article 22 section 4(b) for how 22.4s work.

542thruNthru

It’s funny I came straight home to read the contract . And of course I still need an explanation . The language is semi understandable . And it has you hopping from one part of the contract to another . If someone can simplify the language in the contract that would be great . If not guess I’ll wait & see . Full Time after 14 years ! This took FOREVER !

First, you need to clarify with HR and a Sup that you are being asked to go 22.4 and not exception air driver.

It's hard to tell you how it works because it's different across the country. 22.4 combo drivers can load trucks and drive. In some areas they will only drive. In others they will load and drive. You'll work Tue-Sat or Wed-Sun. Not knowing what area you are makes it hard to give you better answers.

IJustWorkHere

Met with HR again today looks like I’ll be flying out to do my intergrad in Menlo Park , CA . Does anyone have experience of training out of this facility ?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Then at least I should be the last air driver in my building. If I live that long.
I heard they were gonna put brown and yellow flashing lights, and a siren that mimics emergency vehicles on our sprinter vans. Air drivers should be able to at least double their amount of committed stops

IJustWorkHere

Just using the rest of this week & next week to prep & learn my 5’s & 10’s once I’m good there my only worry will be getting familiar with the Diad . Don’t think that I’ll need it much driving air to the airport but I’ll do my best at it .

542thruNthru

Just using the rest of this week & next week to prep & learn my 5’s & 10’s once I’m good there my only worry will be getting familiar with the Diad . Don’t think that I’ll need it much driving air to the airport but I’ll do my best at it .

Wait so are you a PM air driver or a 22.4?

Also search YouTube for the DIAD. I believe there are some videos about it on there.

IJustWorkHere

Wait so are you a PM air driver or a 22.4?

Also search YouTube for the DIAD. I believe there are some videos about it on there.
I’m not sure exactly . The application I filled out said Full Time Combination Driver. The supervisor said I’d be running Air to the airport during the PM shift . Twighlight . I was told I’ll run air then come back to hub to finish up . Full time 40 hrs supposed to be half driving half in hub. Is what I was told .

PT Car Washer

I’m not sure exactly . The application I filled out said Full Time Combination Driver. The supervisor said I’d be running Air to the airport during the PM shift . Twighlight . I was told I’ll run air then come back to hub to finish up . Full time 40 hrs supposed to be half driving half in hub. Is what I was told .
Until the center needs you to run a route. Work as directed up to 14 hours a day. Happens all the time to PT and 22.3 air drivers. You just sold your soul to the devil.