IJustWorkHere

I do as I please. If I decide to not do it I will be just fine in High Value making decent money. You have 30 days to decide whether the job is for you or not. If im not feeling it I will gracefully bow out. Lol ill act dumb if anything .

542thruNthru

I’m not sure exactly . The application I filled out said Full Time Combination Driver. The supervisor said I’d be running Air to the airport during the PM shift . Twighlight . I was told I’ll run air then come back to hub to finish up . Full time 40 hrs supposed to be half driving half in hub. Is what I was told .

Well you're under the same contracts as I am.
Western Region
Southwest package&sort rider
Download them here.
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

If they are making you a 22.4 the contract says you're to be primarily a driver.
sketch-1571372098171.jpg

IJustWorkHere

Guess I’ll be driving then . I’m ok with that but idk if they are lmao . We will see how it goes after I pass intergrad . I’m horrible with directions so putting me on a route would be the worst idea they could come up with .
Well you're under the same contracts as I am.
Western Region
Southwest package&sort rider
Download them here.
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

If they are making you a 22.4 the contract says you're to be primarily a driver.
View attachment 268353

Air Recovery

Of course ! Will they train me on a regular route or just to the airport seeing as how I’m doing combo ?

In your first 30 days you will have the same route for qualification. They most likely will add to it as you progress through your 30. The difficulty of the route and the additions will vary on how much they like you and how much they want to keep you though they would never admit it.

Your route will not just be to the airport and back.

And if it is, congrats because gosh darn you cant mess that up.

IJustWorkHere

So I went to look back at my application and they switched it from Full Time Combo to Bid Air Driver . Now I'm all confused looks like this isn't a full time gig after all . What's the difference between bid air driver & exception air driver ! And damn wtf will I be doing .....

KingofFluff

So I went to look back at my application and they switched it from Full Time Combo to Bid Air Driver . Now I'm all confused looks like this isn't a full time gig after all . What's the difference between bid air driver & exception air driver ! And damn wtf will I be doing .....
dWNiglgPz5aKdVRG3B.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like you will be delivering air.

The difference between the two is the bid air driver would work every day to deliver any NDA that cannot be delivered by the bid route drivers while the exception air driver would only work when we have late air.

PT Car Washer

A bid air driver has a posted start time (which can be adjusted) and work days while an air exception air driver works as needed and still has to work their normal PT job. Bid air driver has a 3 hour guarantee.

542thruNthru

You need to talk to your BA. They can not keep switching your application.

IJustWorkHere

So now that they are offering the bid air does that mean I get air driver pay . Because it’s only starting at $15 . I’d be going backwards I’m at $19.67 at my current position . I certainty wouldn’t want this position if I’ll be making less than I do now . When I filled out the application it said Full Time Combo so I assumed it was a FT job . This kinda sucks . 13 years of waiting for a FT position and now this .

542thruNthru

So now that they are offering the bid air does that mean I get air driver pay . Because it’s only starting at $15 . I’d be going backwards I’m at $19.67 at my current position . I certainty wouldn’t want this position if I’ll be making less than I do now . When I filled out the application it said Full Time Combo so I assumed it was a FT job . This kinda sucks . 13 years of waiting for a FT position and now this .

You'll make $15 when ever you do PT air work.