Possible driver death due to heat

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will take the heat over the cold, any day. Just give me ice. I buy my own cooler, socks, and I dont need water, I have my own. Just give me Ice.

JackStraw

Asked my center manager yesterday about it. Said he didn't hear about it.(BS) He did mention that the Carolinas had been sweltering. If any good can come of this, it's that everybody takes the heat seriously. Slow down, take breaks, and keep drinking. If you wait til your thirsty, it could be too late.

tourists24

So you still blame UPS for the drivers death, spin it however you like or post some facts.

So what I have read after the last post is that I should adjust a drivers day based on their personal issues.

I "could" do lots of things but if you are a money hungry driver you gonna stay out no matter what, might as well give you something to do while your out there.

Your right we are not running a social experiment, its a business and we are here to make money and that's how you get paid.

I could go on but I have been home since 530 pm and I have am gonna leave you on the internet still mad about work!
yeah,,, lets go with the money hungry driver excuse.... that's probably it

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I think people also forgot to drink plenty of water before you get to work and hours after you're done. Your muscles need it to recover regardless of the heat or if it's cold. Also you lose so much potassium that a banana or a very cold low sodium V-8 will help the 4pm groggy attack. If you're not drinking a gallon or so of water a day in this job, your muscles won't like you. [emoji4]

Faceplanted

An ethical responsible business has a responsibility to do everything it can to minimize employee injuries. Ups can very easally add some better ventilation to the back of the truck, re cover the backs of the truck with a better heat/uv barrier, know thst Orion causes us to be in the 140 degree heat almost twice as long and a multitude of other things. They don't care to. We have to take care of our selves but it's a hell of a lot easier when your employer provides you with the proper equipment to do so. Her family's attorneys are going to have a field day.

I have a brand new p8 and the difference from heat in the cab and in the back from and older pc is huge. The cost to retrofit headinerss in the cab, better protectant in the back and a few other things are too much for share holders to swallow

JackStraw

There is a vent in the front of the truck. One part goes to the cab through a hole in a chute, the other goes to the cargo area.there is a arm that you can move up and down to open/close it but I have no idea which way to put it to open or close it.