Possible Suspicious Incidents

wkmac

With Robert Gibbs saying that KSM will be executed for his crimes before he has even been tried, can't his attorney ask that the case be dismissed because now the jury pool has been contaminated nationwide by Gibbs's remarks?

They could but I doubt it'd hold up. Depending on the lawyer and the outcome of the trial, it might surface as an appealable issue but again I doubt it will stick because you'd have to prove the jury in fact heard the comments and then it effected their judgement. Being the jury is yet seated the lawyer would have to raise the question in voir dire and then learn later a juror lied but at best the appealant court would order a new trial and only if all perspective jurors admitted Gibbs comments were heard and effected their judgement would then a change of venue take place. It won't get dismissed even if Obama himself said the same thing in an address to the nation. Being a lawyer, I have been impressed at Obama's restraint in public comments in light of KSM's upcoming public trail. I'd not be surprised if I learned the President "woodshedded" Gibbs a bit for such an idiot public statement granted his position.

jmo

moreluck

golden ticket member
It really was an idiotic statement by Gibbs......mainly, with all the $$$ to be spent on this trial what would be the point if we already for sure know the outcome....would be a waste of $$$

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I guess I expected Gingrich to have his historical facts correct. That has nothing to do with a comedy show and everything to do with professor Gingrich and his agenda.
So you think every time stewart opens his mouth real facts come out ?

It's call entertainment.

bbsam

Staff member
Wk-
Strange to say but Unger/Napolitano seem right on target with their assessment. Is it safe to say then that we have a pre-9/11 mindset because we have a pre-9/11 constitution?

wkmac

Wk-
Strange to say but Unger/Napolitano seem right on target with their assessment. Is it safe to say then that we have a pre-9/11 mindset because we have a pre-9/11 constitution?

bbsam,

You might find this of interest too. Some people complain about the over expansion of gov't and not staying within strict confines of constitutional limits yet they themselves are at times the most egregious offenders of the concepts and ideals of limited gov't. Something about war and war powers seems to do that but then it also explains the Rothbardian saying, "Welfare and WARFARE are the health of the State!"

wkmac

I guess I expected Gingrich to have his historical facts correct. That has nothing to do with a comedy show and everything to do with professor Gingrich and his agenda.

Newt Gingrich said not long ago that it was wrong to treat any and all terrorists as criminals—with no apparent exception for American citizens arrested on American soil. The question, though, is how do we know somebody arrested on American soil is a terrorist, unless the government proves it to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt? Apparently the one crime for which the mere accusation suffices as proof of guilt is terrorism. The Republicans also object to “reading terrorists their Miranda rights,” because it makes it harder to get information out of them—presumably by “harsh interrogation techniques” (aka torture).

The Magical Water's Edge

moreluck

golden ticket member
They've captured a REAL biggie in the Taliban....gee I wonder if he was read his Miranda rights and lawyered up yet ? :dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
We now have and Envoy to the Muslim World appointed by Obama by the name of Hussain who has been sympathetic to terrorists in the past. Isn't that sweet ??

Lue C Fur

Evil member
We now have and Envoy to the Muslim World appointed by Obama by the name of Hussain who has been sympathetic to terrorists in the past. Isn't that sweet ??

Thats a typical Obama appointee...like "Timmy the tax cheat" Gietner, Janet "i have not clue" Napolitano, Van "i hate the USA" Jones, Rahm "potty mouth" Emanual, Eric "terrorists have rights" Holder...

bbsam

Staff member
So you think every time stewart opens his mouth real facts come out ?

It's call entertainment.

So that's it. Gingrich was simply trying to add to the entertainment? Seemed to me he was trying to make a point only his facts were wrong. If I knew how to post the video I would.

av8torntn

Something about war and war powers "

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh my, trouble on a plane. The suspicious person was shouting "Allah" something and his passport showed he was from Yemen.......I am sooooo shocked, NOT!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The title of the thread says...."possible suspicious incidents". What happened on that plane qualifies for coverage under this thread. The real reactionaries were the passengers/crew that didn't hesitate to subdue the guy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
According to his cousin, he was only looking for the bathroom, that's why 10 mins before the plane was scheduled to land he was pounding on the cockpit's door.

moreluck

golden ticket member
According to his cousin, he was only looking for the bathroom, that's why 10 mins before the plane was scheduled to land he was pounding on the cockpit's door.
Does he always shout Allah when he has to pee?........that's probably the first thing out of my mouth when I gotta go......followed by dammit!